• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Aeronca Champ

Started by Balsabasher, October 25, 2013, 09:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Finally got the details painted after delays with the damp weather which causes blooming  holding up paintwork just wish they would put some oil of wintergreen into the formulae which stops this happening,the little Aeronca Champ can be added to the 2013 folder please Lou.

lastvautour

Very nice Barry. It would make a fine companion to my CF-BDK. It appears about 1/27 scale??

Lou

Balsabasher

This on is 1=36th scale Lou,yes quite an high wing wonder fleet,they make attractive subjects.
Barry.

cliff strachan

I think the windshield of your Aeronca Champ is superb. But again I'm forced to ask how you managed to replicate a glass, or rather a Plexiglas, effect.
Cliff

Balsabasher

Cliff its silver and blue paint mixed together ! I have used the idea since noticing that Dinky Toy aeroplanes had their windows and canopies done this way,as you can see it is very convincing.
Barry.

Biggles

Wonderful plane Barry, what is the plane leaning agents the wall?
Biggles
John 15:13

Balsabasher

A Blackburn Botha and a Dornier 215 Biggles,well spotted !
Barry.

Biggles

OK thanks Barry, they look quite large?
Biggles

Balsabasher

Yes I build to larger scales as I like impressive large solid models,and with todays photo copying for plans its so easy to scale up not like the old days of scale compasses and shelf paper !
Barry.

Biggles

hi Barry, thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
we have to fiddle around for HOURS to print plans to the right scale !
Biggles

cliff strachan

Yes, a xerox machine is better than a Pantograph for changing scale any day.
Cliff.

Biggles

Barry, were are the plans for this plane? i would like to make one and cant find them!
Biggles

Balsabasher

Gorrit they used to be in the plans list here but seem to have disappeared ? we had a listing of non kit plans but for some reason I cannot find it now,or it is possible it was one of my own drawings so I will take a look,I used to be able to find anything before my numerous moves but still discovering things in boxes etc.
Barry.

lastvautour

One set of drawings are in the gallery.

These were uploaded by Marsh.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pid=1234

Lou

lastvautour