• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

DHC.2 Beaver

Started by Balsabasher, October 13, 2013, 11:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Cut the templates for a 1=27th scale DHC.2 Beaver.
Barry.

lastvautour

Balsabasher

Wheels I think Lou but may make the floats with the model just in case I feel like converting it later on.
Barry.

lastvautour

My 1/24 Beaver is on floats because I could not build a landing gear strong enough to support its weight.

Lou

1.JaVA_LGorrit

Great choice for a model.
I had an opportunity to hop in one of these a couple of weeks ago.
Our Airforce's Historical Flight keeps one flying.
I'll try to get he pictures from my old phone.

Balsabasher

Cut the huge blank for the fuselage yesterday so thats a start on the wood,in the background are the blanks for the Pawnee fuselages which have been cleaned and squared up prior to carving.
I am in production again !
Barry.

lastvautour

Barry, like things so far. One of the good things about the Beaver is that the fuselage was a box and relatively easy to make.

Jorrit, could be your next project??

Lou

1.JaVA_LGorrit

Quote from: lastvautour on October 16, 2013, 02:10:07 PM
Jorrit, could be your next project??

Actually that is a great suggestion...

lastvautour

I might join you. There are so many colour schemes for the Beaver, sadly the Canadian Forces did not buy any. However there many civilian versions.

Lou

lastvautour

I don't wish to highjack your thread Barry, but here is the 1/1 and 1/24 scale versions of my Beaver.

Lou

lastvautour

Where did you get your drawings Barry? I can't find them in our gallery.

Lou

Balsabasher

Yes I will organise the drawings of the Beaver Lou to go into the gallery,they came from the old magazine 'Model Aircraft' same as the Piper Pawnee plans as well,discovered them purely by accident whilst downloading some more drawings,yes I remember your model of the Beaver Lou and took a liking to it back then.
Talking of drawings we used to have a big list of the ones in the gallery but tried to find it today no luck ? wanted to check to see if the Pawnee had been accepted.
Thank you for the military Beaver picture thats a very attractive scheme as well,well with Gorrit enjoying himself on the Mossie anything could evolve in the future.
Barry.

Oceaneer99

Barry, yes, the Pawnee is accepted for the contest.

Garet

Balsabasher

Thank you Garet for the confirmation,thats great news.
Barry.

Balsabasher

More work on the Beaver today,cut the blanks for the wings and tail surfaces (these are laminated),also made a start on producing the engine cowl by turning it up on the lathe from Jelutong.
Barry.