Files                             7,612
Albums                           329
Categories                         17
Items viewed        2,511,884

Completed models            24

60 days to year's end.

Lou

Pete1616

Well I'm back in business, the macular hole is closed! Now, I'll try to complete the eight carvings I have on the go.

I did send off 7 carvings to the Royal aviation museum of western Canada in Winnipeg today, along with the SMM info.

Cliff, the lady I spoke with seems to have a collection of your posters, all hanging on her wall. Between us I hope we can interest some westerners in aircraft carving.

Now I have feelers out to Calgary and Langley, B.C.
Pete1616

lastvautour

Nice work Pete, we need all the publicity we can get.

Lou

cliff strachan

Hi Pete. Sorry I haven't dropped a note earlier but it seems that time isn't on my side either. But, regardless, think I'd like to at least comment on the lady
that apparently, had some recollection of my troubling her about either being in possession of a few of Lou's Posters that came as a result of our annual
solid models contest or she might have liked the calendars that I had made up. Regardless, I believe that the last time I had the occasion to talk with her she
seemed to display some interest. But as I approach my birthday (84 as of Dec. 2) I admit to a certain degree of depression (which should account for my earlier remark concerning "time isn't on my side either." However, I admit to an ulterior motive; I was hoping that she might be able to offer a home for solid scale
memories - at least I believe I qualify in this regard. There's only about 30 models. And my daughter isn't interested. If not now; when?

So are you doing alright? I do admire you guys for the number of innovations that you come about - poor plastic chaps. But don't let old age bother you.

Cliff.     

Pete1616

Hi, Cliff

I suppose we all realize that our "glory days" of carving wood will come to an end.
Pam, the lady at the museum in Winnipeg (programs@royalaviationmuseum.com) liked the posters so much that she has three hanging in her office.

I only sent her 7 carvings in my unpainted style. Why not contact her to see if she's interested in what you have. I sent another 7 off to Langley, B.C. to the Canadian museum of flight. I expect to contact Calgary tomorrow.

I think that if you spread them around, the people at museums can handle a few at a time. I've no doubt that yours would be welcome.

I don't know if there's an aviation museum in Sask as yet, but I'm running out of carvings that I care to donate.

I'm working slowly on a Vickers Vedette right now, have another Arrow in line, carving mostly the eastern red cedar these days.

I find that the western museums like the aircraft that flew in the west, I sent a Stranraer to B.C.

Let me know if I can help with the contacts I've made.....Pete
Pete1616