• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

December 2012 PING!

Started by lastvautour, December 07, 2012, 08:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Oops! Sorry once again for forgeting the Ping. Much going on but nothing worth a photo.

1/144 Scale
DHC-4 Caribou primer applied and wing/emgine assembly is close to being installed in the fiselage. Tail feathers are also ready for attachment.
HMCS Bonaventure catworks on port side progressing well with fire stations and locker being installed and painted. Deck has been re-sanded and yellow lines being painted.
1/48 Argus has taken a back seat to the Caribou and Bonnie.

None model related - painted the recycled doors in my display area and am currently painting a reindeer cut-out for the front lawn. If thing keep going it will be ready for Christmas 2013.

Lou

Boomerang

Greetings All,

This year just seemed to move awfully fast.
  Didn't finish anything on the 2012 list but came pretty close with the C-30.
  I'm just going to potter along with the C-30 , Flycatcher ,Caproni and DH-5 and see what transpires next year.

I've enjoyed watching everyone's projects come to life and progress to completion.

Wishing you all a very "Merry Christmas" and a safe and prosperous New Year.

Cheers

Gordon

P.s  Lou do you still need cross sections for the AH-1G ?

lastvautour

Yes I do Gordon. I have several side drawings but none really show the engine intakes very well.

Lou
PS Solid wood(plywood) doe.

PS PS As you can see, no snow yet. It looks like we will have a green Christmas in Greenwood.

cliff strachan

Lou, that's a far cry from the "Peg" this winter. We seem to already have gotten lots of snow. But as long as its foggy and slippery .  .  .  ..

For the Ping I guess that all I have to report is that with downsizing and still trying to master my laptop to make decals - still haven't got the printer setup - (a real Luddite, should be making Solid Scale airplanes) and mindful of all else I wanted to do plus the normal difficulties that come with age I probably won't get back to modeling until sometime in '13.

But I suppose that I will partake in the Group - at least as much as the average.

Cliff.