• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2023 October Ping

Started by lastvautour, October 01, 2023, 10:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Sadly, we learned that Cliff, a founding member, passed away in 2019. His models will be featured in the 2023 Yearbook.

The Forum returned to pre-COVID number with 6 new topics, 59 posts, and 73943 views.

The Gallery has had similar results with 35910 views bringing the total views to 4,377,122.

Three models were submitted in September:

Gordon - 1/60 Messerschmitt ME-163 Komet

Lou - 1/72 Barkley Grow T8P-1

Lou - Box scale Generic 1930s truck

Several new members have yet to post any of their models. It is hoped prodding will yield some positive results.

Lou

lastvautour

Currently on my bench:
1/32 De Havilland DHC-3 Otter - silver being applied.
1/32 M35 Stake truck - some drawings printed. Need further research on undercarriage. Will form part of 1/32 dioramas.
1/72 Lockheed Lodestar - wood selected, fuselage block lamination in clamps.
1/144 Airbus CC-295 Kingfisher - awaiting decals from Above and Below.
1/144 Vickers Wellington - white has been applied. Upper areas to receive camouflage shortly.
1/144 Boeing Fortress II - wood selected and drawings printed. The Canadian version was used for transport only, so no armament.
1/144 Canadair Challenger - drawings printed.

Lou

Boomerang

Greetings All.

No real change since last month.

The Vampire EDF for my son is progressing slowly.

I have been in the process of moving so everything is on temporary hold at the moment.
Everything is in boxes and level and stable work area not available. The kitchen bench and table is a No no.

Should be back to production soon.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Having moved more times than I like to recall, I feel your pain.

Lou

Gearup

Bit late on the ping replay. Making five light aircraft all in 1:48 C-140a, C-150, PA 28-140, Luscombe 8A, and a Grumman AA5 Traveler.
Fraser

lastvautour

Better late than never Fraser.

Lou