• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

September 2023 Ping

Started by lastvautour, September 01, 2023, 09:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

August saw varied results with just four new topics and 52 new post. On the other side of the coin, Singapore discovered us bringing the number of page views to 233,938 for Aug. That is the third highest monthly numbers since Ray founded SMM. Total page views for 2023 surpassed the one million mark mid July.

An excellent Messerschmitt Me-163 Komet by Gordon and Gloster Meteor T.7 by me were completed during the month of July. This brings our total to 30 models so far to date. Come see all the submissions at http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=2116.0

Please visit SMM and comment on ongoing projects. Even if you have no projects on your bench, let everyone know you are OK.
http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php

Lou

lastvautour

My RCAF 100th project nears completion. There are "only" five active models on the go"
1/32 De Havilland Canada DHC-3 Otter - no progress.
1/72 Barkley Grow - need sanding of the tail feathers to fuselage joint. Wing and landing gear subassemblies are done and await completion of the fuselage assembly.
1/72 Canadair Argus - decals are being applied. I am taking my time as they used up a large portion of my hobby allowance. The Argus is my number one priority as it was assigned Number 100
1/144 Agusta Westland CC-295 Kingfisher - fuselage awaits construction of the landing gear sponsons
1/144 Vickers Wellington - Drawings are printed and wood has been selected.

I have several drawings printed that might be started this month, however, family issues will affect my hobby time.

Lou

Boomerang

Finished the Me 163.

Done the easy bits for a 1/48 De Havilland DH 71. Pictures to follow when further progressed.

BAT FK23 has progressed much further since putting some magic dust in its project box.

Lou, your 1/144 Wellington sounds interesting. I've been thinking of a 1/144 Manchester for a while.

Back to cutting back another coat of primer on my son's EDF Vampire.

Stay safe all .

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you for the update Gordon. I am still debating to do a 1/72 to go with my Lancaster and Halifax. I am getting short on shelf space in both scales.

Lou

Gearup

Happy end of summer to all. It's been long and hot here on the west coast, but there is a feel of fall coming. Having said that, it's time to build some models and get caught up with SSM.

I have now started blocking out five new models. These are aircraft that I have flown over the years so I thought it could be fun to model them.

They are a mix of tricycle and conventional gear, high wing and low wing, 2 place and 4 place. One had no electrical system or flaps and two shared the same wing design through model evolution. One had no rivets and a canopy, not doors.

Can you identify them?

Once we agree on what they are, I'll split them into separate projects.

Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you for the update. I see a Cessna 150 and a 170 and maybe a 180.

Lou

Gearup

The 150 is the top one and below it is the earlier tail wheel generation that once had a fabric wing that was replaced with the 150 wing equipped with a simple flap.

The middle one is not a Cessna or piper but had a reputation as a tricky airplane on landing. This is the all metal wing version with a single strut.

The second from the bottom has Hershey bar wings.

The lower one was built by the same company that made the goose.

Boomerang

Without the aid of the internet , a deep trawl of my memory and Frasers clues.

The middle one is a Luscombe. The next one down is an either a Cherokee or an Archer.

The bottom one (based on the clue) is a Grumman ( exactly what it's called escapes me.

Cheers

Gordon