• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2022 December Ping

Started by lastvautour, December 01, 2022, 08:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

December already and just 25 days until Christmas. The forum saw the addition of 6 new topics, 88   new posts and 65035 new views. Our members competed 3 models as follows:
Gordon - 1/48 Miles M2 Hawk

Lou - 1/72 Lockheed Vega Ventura and 1/72 Boeing Chinook

Please select this link to visit the yearbook page and view all 55 models built so far this year. http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1980.0

I propose a Christmas cook off for some Jorrit and Garet profile planes like to those we had at http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1565.0 Rules are as follows:

1. Fuselage and wings must be single thickness side and top view. Examples at link above.
2. Intakes for tomcats or Tornado may be laminated profiles.
3. Undercarriage is optional but must be profile also.
4. All parts must be same thickness
5. Contouring is limited to rounded edges as per photos in the link.
7. Standard or box scale
8. Must be wood products including plywood, press-wood, cardboard and any variety of mother nature's wood.
9. Deadline 24 Dec 2022(Deadline for initial batch as cook-ups never close. Follow the link to join in. http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=2102.0 I will attach to original cook off once completed)

Lou

lastvautour

On my bench today:

1/32 Sopwith Camel all parts are painted and await final assembly followed by rigging
1/32 Otter fuselage and wings were partially sanded
1/72 Douglas Digby wings and fuselage block shaped
1/72 Argus wings have been rough sanded and needs more primer, however it's difficult to spray such a large aircraft in my spray booth
1/144 Consolidated Catalina no progress
1/144 Bell Griffon rough sanded fuselage. Rotors are assembled.
1/144 Augusta/Westland Cormorant drawings printed
1/72 Profile scale TBA. Thinking of a Cougar and maybe a Sabre

Completed in November
1/72 Lockheed Ventura completed
1/144 Sunderland completed. I will add it to the December build list.
1/144 Chinook completed.

Lou

Boomerang

Plodding on with Siskin.

Brackets for exhaust pipes done using flattened copper wire.

Windscreen and Aldis sight trial fitted.

BAT 23 has had some initial work done on fuselage.

DH 71 on hold.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

You are going all out on this project. I am sure you will be rewarded.

Lou

Gearup

Well no more excuses on the horizon. I intend on getting the Orta completed before Christmas as well as the Saturn V.

Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you for the update Fraser.

Lou

Boomerang

Fraser,

Looking forward to both of them being finished.

Cheers

Gordon

Pete1616

I haven't given up carving aircraft yet....just have gotten distracted. I'm working on turtles, green sea turtles, eight of them! They will be mounted as sets of two, one going up and one going down. They'll be gifts for three of our four great grandchildren. The the great grandsons at 16 and 17 get carved aircraft.
Funny, all the aircraft I carved over the years....and while I was working of the 16 flippers, holding on the them with a pair of vise grips I wondered why I hadn't thought of this long ago....
Pete1616

Gearup

Great to hear about the latest project, Pete. Nice thing about the hobby is it's always has something new to discover. Would love to see pictures of the completed turtles!

Fraser

Boomerang

Looking forward to seeing the completed turtles.

Gordon