• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Fokker Eindecker

Started by Jim, May 21, 2020, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Fokker E-III was a pretty fast build, if a bit tricky to rig. About 1:50 scale.  Basswood fuse and wing construction, with painter's tape wing ribs. Monofilament fishing line rigging, tied to turnbuckles made from fisherman's fly-tying wire turned around a drill bit and glued into holes drilled in the wing -- a technique I saw somewhere on-line. O-ring tires over wheel hubs turned on a Dremel. Cowling turned on a lathe from a dowel and hollowed-out with a moto-tool. Engine: cylinders are 1/16-in. dowels with bent pins for push-rods, craft store wooden "dots" turned on a Dremel for crankcase, and miniature brass tubing for a crankshaft. Decals made on a laser-jet printer. Lettering is from rub-out dry transfers.  Prop is carved from laminated walnut and mahogany. Prop hub and tailskid foot are aluminum tape. Sorry for the photo quality. I find it difficult to get good exposure and focus at the same time with my old digital camera or cellphone camera. Just go with what you got...Hope you enjoy.

Up next, a Spad, I think.
And so it goes...

Jim

The rest...
And so it goes...

Gearup

Wow. That is a beautiful model. Well done. What paint do you use. Thanks for sharing you building points!
Regards, Fraser

Jim

I've got a variety of paints, but my primary set is a 16-color basic assortment of Vallejo water-base acrylics. For use with either brush or airbrush. Nothing fancy. Mostly essential primary and secondary colors. I do a lot of mixing to get the tints and tones I want. I supplement these with Some craft store paints when I need maximum opacity. I finish off with Floquil Railroad Colors Crystal Cote.
And so it goes...

Boomerang

Absolutely brilliant ! Great job. I like the idea of painters tape for wing ribs.

Can't beat O rings for tyres .

Looking forward to the SPAD.

Well Done!

Gordon

buccfan

Another impressive build, superb detailing. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Excellent workmanship and another interesting subject.

Lou

Jim

Thank you all, gents. Keep well.

Jim
And so it goes...