• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Canadair Argus CP107 1/48 Scale ......................(Completed 21 April 2017)

Started by lastvautour, June 13, 2008, 01:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

The way to go Lou,sometimes these fillets require the most intricate of pieces to get the shape right,that is some project.
Barry.

lastvautour

Some minor putty work being done.

lastvautour

Putty has been sanded and now await some more primer. A test area has been selected to use brush on primer, but that does not appear to be working out.

Balsabasher

Some of these new acrylic brush on primers are a bit fickle Lou.
Barry.

lastvautour

I made a command decision to glue the wings in place and proceed from there. I have added a bit of putty and will commence final sanding next week. I need to finish some of these projects to make room on the bench for more.

Lou

Balsabasher

Lou your multi engined division has been busy lately !
Barry.

lastvautour

I have so many I would like to do, but alas so many models so little time.

Lou

Balsabasher

You are not doing too bad Lou,a representative collection is building up.
Barry.

lastvautour

The Argus is not forgotten and will rest next to the navy shipyard when I get back to it.

Lou

lastvautour

Just a few more spots to sand. Hopefully priming can begin in the New year.

Lou

buccfan

I do like your multi engine builds Lou, I see your roll-out date has now slipped a little from your original forecast of June 09  ;D, being evacuated doesn't help! . Regards Paul J.

buccfan

I forgot to ask, did you give up with the brush on primer?, I was looking at it myself as I spray outside with rattle cans, but it's a problem at this time of year being too cold, and thought I might give it a try.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I have been brushing lately especially with the Bonnie and Argus due to their size. I am still spraying primer on my Caribou in my basement.

Lou

lastvautour

First coat of "Argus Grey" primer brushed on. Next a few weeks of sanding using shaped blocks to get into recesses and curves.

Lou

buccfan

Great finish with a brush Lou, did you thin the primer down before applying?. Regards Paul J.