World War One Armistice 100th Anniversary - Cook Up

Started by lastvautour, December 05, 2017, 12:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

One question Lou.
How did you do the intake manifold?

Gordon

lastvautour

I used .75mm(approx) copper wire. Cut to lenght, bend slightly at outter end and flatten inner end  with hammer on another hammer. I did over twenty attempts before getting what I settled for.

Lou

Oceaneer99

lastvautour

lastvautour

Here is Gordon's magnificant 1/32 DFW T28 Floh(Flea)

lastvautour

Moving on to land forces, the 1/32 Mark V track mechanism is rough cut and glued. Once dry, my band saw will cut it in half an some chiseling will bring it down to the proper width. It is a shame I am unable to do the HMCS Aurora in 1/32 scale. It would not fit in my basement>

Lou

Boomerang

Progress on Fokker EV/DVIII.

Still work required on engine and cowling.

Wing nearly done.
Lozenge decal applied top and bottom of tailplane and to fin.
Lozenge applied to lower surface of U/c fairing.
Plastic wheel covers have been painted yellow and applied to wheel disc's.
Still to do the two guns, engine and cowling, all the struts.
Decals have been done

Cheers
Gordon

PS,  Whippet  Medium A drawings scaled to 1/32 and expect to cut wood shortly

lastvautour

Great, should turn out to be another magnificent project.

Lou

Boomerang

Lou,
Progressing on EV. Rechecked the photo reference and NO guns seen. So bonus.
Have done all the struts out of brass . Seems to have worked. Working on cylinders for "half Oberursel" .

Pictures to follow later.

In the interim have started on Medium A Whippet.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Lovely start on the whippet. How are you approaching the tracks. I was contemplating using half round plastic rod for each cleat.

Lou

Boomerang

I had thought about track links. Didn't think of using 1/2 round on each link. Interesting idea.
I've 118 of them to make ( the last time I counted them) .
In doing the whippet I've come across a term I hadn't heard of.
"Track spuds".
Various pictures show different vehicles festooned with these and cans of petrol plus other gear.

I'm going to finish this one as "Musical Box". Interesting story and was involved with Australians at Battle of Amiens 8th August 1918.

I'll think about the tracks and experiment and let you know.
Cheers

Gordon

Flying T

ya im a little slow,but things are coming to me for my brisfit  f2b,went to a site  www,ww1aircraftmodels.com
find a lot of onfo there,like underneath the plane wasn't painted but left doped,found a way to make mine look like that,has pics of weathering and staining from casteroil.finally got the Cleveland model co 1/32 plan of the plane for accuracy.found a pic of photo etched parts for another kit of the plane just had to size it for mine.for templates,trying to come up a way to show stiching for fus,going to have hollowed out cockpit
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

Boomerang

Results of track experiment.
  Used 0.4mm ply and 1mm 1/2 round styrene. Styrene  stuck on leaving 1/2 mm overlap for next track plate to go under.
  round head attachment bolts simulated with PVA glue applied with a bamboo skewer. Had to do this a couple of times.
  Appears to work.
  Only another 112 to go. I'll work out attachment later.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

lastvautour