• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

"Sorci Verdi" SM-79

Started by gera, April 10, 2008, 08:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gera

The Special Squadron " Sorci Verdi" ( Green Mice), were quite a group who brought glory to the Regia Aeronautica in the 1930´s, such as the Istres-Damasco-Paris race and the Roma-Rio de Janeiro race. During the War, the "Sparviero" accomplished some of the most difficult missions in the varios theathers....
I will go with the beautiful bright Red, White and green colors of the Sorci Verdi.
As always I am using "Mahogany" to start as well as all the paraphanelia I throw in. :D
Two days ago I cut the main parts and should start doing some serious work on the weekend...

See you all as it goes along......................
Gera

lastvautour

Looks very promissing, but then your project always work out.

gera

Present stage..........

I "lightly" glued the wings and engines ---"to have a look" and painted it white with removible paint in order to check surface situation......much work needed in the "rounding of the fuselage" to get right contour ( formers on the way)....presently making the landing gear struts (bamboo)...The engines are as always for these small models --Plaster of Paris from a mold--............work continues. 8)

Lou.....This one has to work out..its one of my preferite aircraft.... ;) ;)
Gera

gera

Step---four, more or less. I have about 95% of the fuselage and main parts done, so I sprayed the model to see it in its color, more or less again,......noticed I needed to get the curvature of the fuselage fixed so that´s where am now.......work continues.

Gera

lastvautour

Any sign of the green paint yet.

Lou

gera

Gera

lastvautour

gera

Gera

lastvautour

Nice work Gera. What was the roll out date Gera?

Lou

gera

Late November, I think.............
Gera