• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

wing spars for gloster gladiator

Started by Biggles, October 25, 2013, 01:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Biggles lovely to see your photographs of your solids,I was thinking they would look great finished in clear polyurethene finish which is cheap and effective as it really brings out the beautiful grain of the wood,just a suggestion for your consideration,the little Gladiator is a great subject for modelling and well worth the extra effort.

For the future I am thinking of doing a step by step account of building small biplane models and getting around the problems of mounting the wings and struts with a system that I use and is time proven,its so easy to use as well.

Keep the models coming we love them here.

Barry.

lastvautour

Barry, sounds like that would make a great cook-up build.

Biggles, check out Pete Morro's board for clear finish models at http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?board=61.0
When you get your board, please repost your models with details on how you made then and reasons why you pick those particular subjects.

Lou

Balsabasher

Yes it would Lou,a basic biplane subject that would show that just because they have two wings need not be complicated.
Barry.

lastvautour

Biggles, I moved your subject to this location as it fits better on your board.

Lou

Biggles

Gladiator finally finished!
I gave the p-40 a coat of green paint and the corsair black paint.
Biggles
John 15:13

Balsabasher

Take some pictures for us please Biggles,you can place them into the gallery,the upload is easy to do.
Barry.