• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Vice bench

Started by lastvautour, December 02, 2015, 08:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I relocated my bench and found that placing it on the center supporting wall of the house caused a problem with transference of sound. My puppy hears or feels the vibrations and barks like heck when I used the hand planer to work on the Liberator fuselage. The answer was to relocate just the vice to its own little bench resting against the outside foundation. The result while chiseling the wing was no more barking as the noise/vibration is absorbed by the cement.

Lou

Oceaneer99

Lou, that's an interesting workbench concept.  It would also be useful for someone who has limited space or who has to do their carving in a room normally used for another purpose.

Garet

lastvautour

It is portable and just screwed together with whatever was handy. The wedges are leftovers from the porch roof construction, the vertical and horizontal pressure treated pieces were leftovers from the landscaping boxes I made this past spring and the 2 X 4 was just in the garage and needed two inches chopped off to fit. The bottom pieces to provide lateral stability came from the front of my neighbour's kitchen drawer and a recycled shelf. Deck screws holds everything together.

Lou

Jim

Wow! I knew model-building could be time-consuming and expensive, but I never would have thought it could be considered a "vice"... ;)

jim
And so it goes...

lastvautour