• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Roelant Verhoeven Novice builder

Started by lastvautour, August 04, 2022, 09:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearup

Interesting to see the Renard and its successor the Hurricane .   Of note for me, Renard (i think it is the same Belgian) designed the engine for the Orta I just finished.
Fraser

Boomerang

Good looking models Roelant.

I've tried for a long time to get good drawings of the Fairey IIM  and various Renards from the R31 up.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Roeland has made what he and I consider to be his best effort to date. Although unknown to me, the French Breguet 19 was widely used in the 1920s and is reported to have served in some capacity until 1945. The following countries flew the Breguet 19:
Argentina - 25
Belgium - 152
Bolivia - 10
Brazil - 5
Republic of China - 70 were ordered but not delivered Mongolia acquired 1
Independent State of Croatia - 46
France - In total, more than 2,000 Breguet 19s were manufactured in France
Greece - 30
Japan - 2.  Nakajima acquired a production license and offered a float-equipped version
Iran 2
Poland - 250
Romania - 163
Soviet Union- 1
Spain Kingdom of Spain & Spain Spanish Republic - 19 imported, 203 produced by CASA, 20 purchased from Poland
Turkey - 70
United Kingdom - 1
Uruguay - ?
Venezuela - 12
Kingdom of Yugoslavia - 100, further 300 built under license
Yugoslavia - 3

Boomerang

lastvautour

Roeland has produced what he feels is his best to date and I agree. The Fairey Long Range Monoplane is his latest contribution.

Lou

Boomerang

Gearup

The Brequet has a nice look to it with the big v engine and laminated prop. The long winged Fairy shows that the U2 spy plane shared some of the same ideas for high flight. Great looking model.
Thanks
Fraser