• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/48 CAC CA-15 Completed 14 MAY 2021

Started by Boomerang, January 25, 2021, 11:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

This has been resurrected. Some cleaning up is required but the basics are done.

There was only one built . Prolonged development and advent of jets were its demise.

It is definitely not a Mustang derivative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC_CA-15

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

I will have to find the decals I printed some years ago . Might have to redo them.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Boomerang

Found the original decals . Not happy . So made a new set.

Gordon

lastvautour

It beats having to purchase aftermarket decals. Can't calculate how much SMM members would have spent on all the decals we printed. I often wondered why RAAF used both the Kangaroo and RAF roundels at the same time.

Lou

Boomerang

From what I can find the Kangaroo was introduced officially in 1956.

The cockpit contours a proving a bit troublesome but will overcome. Bit of quality control on wing.

Propeller blades have been cut out .

Gordon

Boomerang

A little bit happier with this now. Cleaned up cockpit area. still needs a bit of tweaking.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

You make it look easy. Well done Gordon.

Lou

Boomerang

Sorting out the recessed exhaust. Need to look for something to easily do the exhaust stubs.

Thinking at this stage to make an Undercarriage. ( still at the pondering stage).

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

Now that the SE 100 is finished I will push on with the CA-15

Gordon

Gearup

It looks like they let the aerodynamics and power available at the time shape the aircraft. That's why we see current airliners shaped the way they are. Said that the prototype was scrapped.

Fraser

Boomerang

It had a crash landing and they were a bit slow in getting things done. Jets ere coming in and that was the way they went.

Plus license built Mustangs.

Gordon

Boomerang

Have cut back the wings with some 400 wet and dry (wet).

Certain parts of fuselage need to be revisited.

Working on propeller blades.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

Subtle changes around the nose and canopy done. Experimenting with Silver. Mainly use Duplicolor light silver but have tried Mercury silver . Investigation continues.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Coming along nicely. 

Lou