• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

F-18 AirToon Tutorial

Started by lastvautour, April 17, 2012, 10:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

thanks for the pointer Lou, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Wings are attached and sanded. Vertical tail is pegged in with round toothpicks. Next the lex and putty. Undercarriage is complete.

lastvautour

A sneak peek at the RAAF F-18 hiding in its bunker. Close ups will be provided when the remaining three are done.

Peter

Do you have the right security clearances for taking photos of secret bases? You should try photos in black and white or sepia. It would give them that surveillance spy look.

Peter

buccfan

It could be from Google street view Peter!.Regards Paul J.

Balsabasher

Very clever Lou,nice scenery work.
Barry.

lastvautour

Coffee cans, poster board, scrap book paper and a wild imagination. Never thought of the black and white effect. Thanks for the idea. RCAF version nearing completion. All major decals printed, now just time to get them in place.

Lou

lastvautour

Need some clouds in the way????

buccfan

lastvautour

Just a little out off my league. Thanks for the reference.

Lou

Peter

I like the black and white. I can here the drone circling snapping photos. Scramble! Oops that's the war gamer in me coming out....

Peter

lastvautour

If I ever get my UAV off the ground, the images could look somewhat like this. Here we have left to right:
RAF Buccaneer, RAAF F-18 and RCAF F-18. The Balkan Rat F-18 is temporarily on the bench to be used as a guide for the next two coming off the line.

Lou

Balsabasher

Lou thats amazing ! you are taking these little gems to a new dimension,do we have the making of a new stealth concept that the military would be interested in ? if they can fly a remote electric powered delta across the atlantic and land it the other end then why not a Air Toons sized replica fitted with micro equipment onboard ! you would certainly never see it and detection would be difficult,you may be onto something here.
Barry.

Peter

That's awesome Lou! Nice to know I'm not the only big kid around here.

Peter

lastvautour

Thanks guys. I too am a kid at heart with all these magnificent toys and all I need is a block of would to make any dream craft come to life. Retirement is grand!!!!

Lou