• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

F-18 AirToon Tutorial

Started by lastvautour, April 17, 2012, 10:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The first of five F-18 AirToon has been rolled out of the production line and is ready to join the fleet. The following photos recorded the event.

Lou

P.S. My sincere apologies for photo quality.

lastvautour

The band was playing in the background. Honest!!

lastvautour

I love a parade.

lastvautour

Busy bottom with
Sidewinders = 20 pieces
Sparrow = 18 pieces
Iron Bombs = 28 pieces
Undercarriage = 42 pieces
Arrestor Hook 3 pieces
Fuselage/Wings = 11 pieces

lastvautour

Inter service visit! Nice to drop by.

Lou

buccfan

Very nice Lou, I think your dioramas are great. I,ve made some templates for this one.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I need to rework some of the templates and add better dimension references. Thanks for the pat on the back.

Lou

cliff strachan

Very nice indeed Lou. But, of course, if McKay sees it he'll buy it. Which is always nice in itself. For if you have a ready market, even if you have to throw in the hangar, you have at least some bargaining power ;).
Cliff.

lastvautour

Thank you Cliff. McKay will not buy this one. It does not cost enough to hide the reaL cost.

Lou

cliff strachan

Balsabasher

Just look at these little beauties in those realistic settings ! good work as always,really good settings in those blister hangars.
Barry.

lastvautour

Production line is in full swing with AirToon growing everywhere. Great life!!
Photo 1 & 2 Boundary layer fences installed.
Photo 3 Comparing single to dual.
Photo 4 Wings attached on two, vertical fins just sitting on fuse using round toothpics. Exhaust nozzle completed.

Lou

Peter

Your like the Skunk Works of the solid modeling world.  Pretty soon you're going to have more aircraft than the RCAF  ;)

Peter

buccfan

Nice going Lou, I don't know whether to do a single or double seater, I might do one of each.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Peter I do have more aircraft than the RCAF.
Paul, I used http://www.flickr.com/photos/31186322@N06/6006878804/in/photostream as a guide to the two seater canopy.

Lou