• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

member status

Started by teddon61, May 05, 2008, 02:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teddon61

I noticed that Cliff and myself (and many others) are listed as newbies and some members are Jr and some full members, how does one go from newbie to jr or full? I have posted several things and responded to others for at least a year or more, what does one have to do to get promoted? I need the extra money that rank will bring me!
ted Billings

R.F.Bennett

It really doesn't mean anything Ted and I haven't found a way to change it. It is a result of how many posts you've made, not answered. On the other hand it doesn't limit you in any way either. You still have full access. If you do find yourself in an area that you cannot access it would be either because it's not ready yet or it's just for admins to post announcements. If I weren't an admin I would be listed as a Newbie and I started the thing!  :o
"The Dude Abides"

teddon61

Thanks for the response to my question about Newbie etc. I don't fully understand the response but I am reassured that it hasn't any real meaning, after all if the boss would still be a Newbie, who am I to complain?
In truth, I am enjoying all that is offered, at least as far as my computor skills take me, Hopefully I will get better as time goes by.
I didn't mean to complain, I only thought that I should be contributing to any expense for this super site.
Thanks again, Ted Billings

R.F.Bennett

I stand corrected Ted, I am now a "Junior Member!"  ;D :o
I didn't take it as a complaint.
RFB
"The Dude Abides"

R.F.Bennett

Speaking of members, Has anyone heard from Vern Koenig? It turns out the Strombecker F-86 I've been working on was sent by him  :-[ Sorry Vern.
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

I have one of those also but have not started it. I am keeping it as a keepsake simce wooden kits were no where to be found in my youth. The last time I spoke to Vern his company was going on the stock exchange so he was pretty busy. His email was the one in old site.

Lou