• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Dave Beazld Models

Started by Beazld, February 03, 2019, 02:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beazld

Here is my B&O (best and only) solid model to date. Strombecker Bonanza.  I found the kit online complete without the box so I figured it is a perfect builders kit.
My older brother started one of these back in the late 50's and never finished it.  He passed away in 2003 from cancer and when I saw the kit I new I had to build it as a tribute to him.  I have started a Boeing Clipper a couple years ago and have the fuse about 75% finished but got sidetracked my a myriad of other things including a detached retina.  I have recovered from that and hope to be retiring this year so I can get back to it.  I also build RC, FF and CL planes and RC boats (electric and steam) and an occasional plastic model.

lastvautour

Your one and only is magnificent. The shine is spectacular. Congratulations. I look forward to more of your work.

Lou

Beazld

Thanks Lou for the kind words and the great website!  The silver is Randolph dope. I scanned the original decals and reprinted them on decal paper.  I then sprayed the whole works with clear butyrate dope.

lastvautour

It really work out well on your Bonanza. When did you finish it?

Lou

Beazld

I don't remember when exactly I finished it, probably sometime around 2010/11-ish.

lastvautour