• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

May 2023 Ping

Started by lastvautour, May 01, 2023, 10:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Viewership in April rebounded to 192,298, claiming the second best April since our creation. New topics are fairly low at 5, however, posts were above average at 135. A number of Facebook modellers have expressed interest in SMM. however nothing has come of it. I will continue to promote our site as an excellent source of research materiel.

I encourage all members to visit and comment on their activities even if they are not actively engaged in making a model.

Seven new models were completed during the month of April. Photo are featured below.

Fraser 1/48 Orto Saint Hubert 

Roeland 1/72 Loire 46  and 1/72 Bell Airacuda

Lou 1/72 Lockheed Electra and 1/144 Lockheed Neptune

1/144 Canadair Dash-8 and 1/144 AgustaWestland Cormorant

lastvautour

April was fruitful with 4 models rolling off my bench. Here are my current projects.

1/144 Fairchild Boxcar - fuselage is glued to the wing/engine boom and the horizontal stab is secured as well. The undercarriage is partially completed and will be added after the model is painted.

1/144 Sikorsky Cyclone - Fuselage is box shape and rotors are assenbled.

1/72 Avro CF-100 - wood has been selected

1/72 Canadair Argus - no progress

1/32 De Havilland Canada Otter - no progress

1/32 Stinson HW-75 - all components are completed. The fuselage wing assembly is in the paint shop for primer application. Undercarriage is completed and await primer and final sanding prior to assembly to the fuselage.

A number of drawings in various scales have been printed.

Lou

Boomerang

Greetings All,

Things are still a bit slow on my side.

BAT FK-23 - Still languishing in its container.

Box scale Supermarine P1081- Some light sanding has been achieved.

1/32 Messerschmitt Me-163 Komet. Had to cut something out. Fin/Rudder shaped and sanded. Fuselage shaped. Wings have been shaped,sanded and given a couple of coats of primer. Have to work out a method to do the leading edge slats.

Winter is on its way over here.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you for the update Gordon.

Lou

Gearup

Better late then never as they say.  I'm on a small break from physically modelling due to other commitments this  next few weeks. However I am planning my next project which may be a series of light aircraft that I have been involved with over time. I've not completely settled on the types as of yet. 

I'm still following with great interest the wonderful models being posted by the group!

Regards
Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you for the update. Light aircraft are nice in 1/32 or 1/48 scale as they do not take up much space nor resources.

Lou