• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Strombecker USS California

Started by Oceaneer99, May 22, 2008, 05:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

Relatively new member Lotus-14 posted scans of his Strombecker USS California kit.  I did a restoration and file conversions and posted them to the Strombecker Ship kit gallery:

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=146

It looks like a pretty neat model.  It's fairly simple, considering that it's of a battleship, and those can get pretty complicated.

Thanks for posting the plans, Lotus-14!

I have all of the scans that Marsh. posted (and sent to me by e-mail).  I'm also working on restoring those, but I've been busy with other projects, so I haven't posted any yet.  That you for the scans, Marsh!

Garet

Lotus-14

The problem with most of the Strombecker ship models, particularly the early ones, are they are very inaccurate.
They are sort of a mix of different ships. I have three Strombecker USS California's (old built models), and am using them , with other plans to make one accurate model.
I like the Strombecker models, and the very first model I ever built was the PBY; that was about 1946. I have built almost all the plane and ship models at one time or another. I am going through the few I have and plan to restore them.

Flying T

I PLAN ON BUILDING THIS SOMETIME.I HAVE ONLY FOUND THIS ONE.
MY COUSIN WAS ON THIS SHIP AND WOUNDED AT PEARL HARBOR.MET
HIM ONCE.
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)