Dornier Do.17                 
Blackburn Botha
Boulton Paul Defiant
Percival Sea Prince
Supermarine 508
Stinson Pursuit trainer
Percival Vega Gull,two models
Arc-en-ciel

I could not find no photos of the completed models listed below: (build photos only)

Stearman Hammond Y-1,2 models
Piper Skycoupe,2 models
Tipsy Junior
Parnall 382 trainer
BA Eagle
Fairey Primer
DH.90 Dragonfly,1=32nd scale example
Fokker D7
Parnall Hendy Heck Mk.1
Parnall Hendy Heck Mk.2
Miles Whitney Straight
Miles Gemini

The following model photos are posted

Sikorsky S-38,2 models One Aircraft. I will post a new photo.

The following were 2009 builds but were not posted to the 2009 album

Me P1101
Heinkel He.112

Where are the completed model photos located? I only looked in your personal album.

The first ones must have been tail-enders Lou or inadvertently placed into the 2010 album,never mind,the last ones are under Balsabashers creations possibly not the Miles Gemini though,thanks for checking normally I post the pictures as they are being built but with the new workshop things got a bit hectic during the move etc.
Barry.

lastvautour

I managed to bring my selection down to 9 models that I feel stood out. Please select what you feel stands out in workmanship, originality, difficulty. From the 9 I selected I have reduced them down to just 6. I have a few more, but they belong to me so..... Oh the pain. In no particular order here are my choices:

Fingers Clemson-Wickes Class four stacker
Dave's Hanriot DH-2
Jeff's T-50 Bobcat
Gordon's AAI Shadow
Garet's VKA-23

At least that is a start. Please submit your selection via this post. Select as many as you wish and we will start sorting through them in a week or so.

Lou
PS. I will also ask my plastic modeling friends to make their selection. Although their votes will not count unless they become members, a second or third opinion does not hurt.

dave_t

I would add Gordon's Supermarine 224, Lou's Stinson 108 and Cliff's B-29 to that list.

Ken Pugh

Please remove my XL5 from consideration.

Thank You

Ken Pugh

cliff strachan

You have built a very nice model, Ken. While I believe that such subjects should be in a separate class for evaluating purposes I also feel that if we build 'em and post 'em then - regardless of what - we should allow them to stand for "Model of the Year."  Personally, my efforts are not of the same caliber as many of those displayed but, in an effort to encourage those other modellers that, like myself are far from experts and may have to cope with limitted space, time, experience and equipment, I hope to be able to continue to participate in our grand and unique club.

In brief, your model is very competitive and hope you reconsider your request.
Cliff.

R.F.Bennett

How many young modelers do you think the XL5 might inspire Ken? Would you take that inspiration away? Just because you don't agree with me? It is a viable candidate. One of the first model plan sets place on the site were the Guillow's Spaceship plans.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=199

One of the first models posted was from those plans;

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?album=26&pid=66#top_display_media

This site is not just for airplane and ID models.
"The Dude Abides"

Ken Pugh

Thanks for the kind words, Cliff.  I didn't give a reason for withdrawing the model from consideration and would rather not.  It is still on display in the member section and gallery so any inspiration value it has is not affected.  There are plenty of fine models to choose from, mine will not be missed.

Ken Pugh

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

I have started to get some responses from my other groups and I will post them here. Our models are well appreciated in other circles.

I request they select their favorite from our 201o builds.

From Dave Kitchen at Military-Aircraft@yahoogroups.com <Military-Aircraft@yahoogroups.com>

Wow. That's a tall order.  So much beautiful work to choose only one. 
Based on your criteria -- degree of difficulty, originality and workmanship -- I would have to vote on the four-pipe destroyer of the Clemson-Wickes class.  Closely following that would be the B-24 Liberator done in laminated layers of wood (displayed last in the website) with the 1/18 Cessna 185 bringing up third place.
But every last one of those pieces is beautifully executed and a superb example of workmanship.

From Carl Bibbee at earlyjets@yahoogroups.com <earlyjets@yahoogroups.com>

Give me something easy to do, please. ;-)
Talk about hard to choose. All you solid modelers do superb work. But, here are my choices for the standouts;
Pete's DeHavilland DHC-5 Caribou (just for the sheer beauty of the wood and the way he used it)
Barry's (?) Slingsby Falcon Glider (Good model of an unusual subject)
Gordon"s (?) Miles M20-4  & Type 224-2 (Two more great models of seldom-seen aircraft)
Jeff's DH-88 Hornet (Gorgeous model, period)
Lou (yes, you)- Douglas Dauntless (superb work, especially in the NZ markings), Republic Thunderbolt (Nationalist Chinese markings- seldom seen, and well done), SC-8 (Just plain neat; love the FSWs)
(The ? are because I'm working from notes on a scratchpad and can't always read my own scribbling.)
Well done, all.
Sincerely,
Carl B.

I will post other comments as I receive them. I noticed that quite a few of our guess are to the Model of the Year 2010 post. We may get some new carvers yet>
Lou

lastvautour

Ron Hunt at Military-Aircraft@yahoogroups.com <Military-Aircraft@yahoogroups.com>

Ok, Here's my pics -

#1 USS Preston
#2Clemson-Wickes
#3Sirkorsky S-38
#4Bombardier Cl-416
#5Martin Mariner
#6Fokker Tri-Plane
#7P-61

Ron (FoMo)

cliff strachan

Hi Lou,
Have I possibly missed something but where's John Bell's B17G, Phantom and DC3 models posted Oct 4, 2010 that I think should be included as a "Model of the Year".
Cliff.

lastvautour

Cliff, John Bell's models are fantastic, unfortunately they were not built in 2010.

Lou

cliff strachan

Thanks Lou,
They were indeed fantastic.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Russel Chmela at SmallScaleModels@yahoogroups.com <SmallScaleModels@yahoogroups.com> wrote

Barry's Sikorsky S-38 Flying Boat. I have made models like this and know about the complexity. The finish and fit are great and it really is a unique subject. There are lots of WW2 amphibians, flying boats and seaplanes modelled , but 1920's and 30's machines are unique. And he made two of them!

Russ