• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

WWII ID + Models Vol II

Started by lastvautour, April 20, 2011, 07:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Superb display Lou,represents many hours of joy and passion carving,sanding and painting.
Barry.

lastvautour

Definitely a passion for both of us.

Lou

cliff strachan

A really neat Mosquito, Lou. A wonderful group.
Cliff.

lastvautour

buccfan

Two great additions to your airforce Lou, excellent work. What programme do you use to make your decals? Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thanks Paul. I just use MS Word to make my decals and images downloaded from the web.

Lou

lastvautour

Two new subjects: A Hellcat and a shelved Mustang. The Hellcat was started from scratch but the Mustang was carved to block shape before I put it away last year.

Lou

lastvautour

All major carving has been done with sealing and sanding coming later tonight. The first Mustang IV was done some time ago. I have started the exhaust pipes by slant cut to a 1mm bamboo stick from my place mat. Super glue ties it together and then sanding will bring it down to the size needed.

Lou

lastvautour

An accident on the assembly line lead to a cracked P-51 tail assembly. The operator forgot that the tail was only tacked in place and added putty before finishing the glue job. That allowed the Hellcat to take the lead and move to the spray booth first.

Lou

lastvautour

Primer applied and leaving for holidays tomorrow. Not much more to report until my return next week.

Lou

lastvautour

The Hellcat and Mustang were completed within minutes so I will present them both. The Mustang is a P-51D from the Tuskegee Squadron Duchess Arlene and the Hellcat an F6F from the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm Pacific Theatre.

Lou

lastvautour

With the addition of the Hellcat and new Mustang, this brings my WWII ID + Squadron numbers up to 19. Some are not true WWII ID planes, but they were built in the same fashion and level of detail.

Lou

buccfan

Excellent pair Lou, I like the colour schemes and your decals with the nose art. The exhaust look very effective, there are so many tips and methods used on this site to pick up.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. This is the BEST site for solids.

Lou

lastvautour

Starting another WWII ID + Model namely the Lancaster. She is big in comparison to single engine fighters. At 17 inches of wing span and just over 11 inches long, she will barely fit in the new display case. Next to it will be a Halifax Mk III. Lanc drawings are printed but the start date is not yet set. I am using the ID plans from the site.

Lou