• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF 100th - 1/72 Barkley Grow T8P-1 Started 14 July 2023 Completed 12 Sep 2023

Started by lastvautour, September 01, 2023, 07:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The RCAF flew one Barkley Grow T8P-1. I don't know why, but I managed to get this far with so few pictures. All that remains is for the wing/fuselage joint filet. and soon filler. I anticipate completion this month.

Lou

Boomerang

Lou,

An interesting aeroplane.

Looks great.

Love the spats.

Gordon

lastvautour

It also flew on skis and floats, however, I would have preferred putting it on floats. I could not find out if the sole RCAF version flew with them. Guy La Casse has some interesting pictures of a civilian one. I have tried to contact him without success.

Lou

Dave T

lastvautour

lastvautour

The Barkley-Grow T8P-1 was an airliner developed in the United States shortly before the Second World War. Although it saw limited use  with only eleven produced, the type was well-received as a bush plane in Canada. The RCAF flew one from 1939 to 1941. Two are currently on display in Canada with another held in storage. The Barkley Grow is number 110 in my RCAF 100th project.

Lou

Dave T

lastvautour

Gearup

Great looking model Lou. I don't know much about the aircraft and I am surprised to see it was a fixed gear twin.
Fraser

lastvautour

It was a throwback to earlier times. Did not sell well but was a reliable bush plane.

Lou