• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF's 100th 1/72 - Avro CF-100 Canuck Started 14 May 2023 Finished 24 July 2023

Started by lastvautour, May 14, 2023, 02:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I found out something else. My attempt did fail, however, I did not sand down the step made by painting over masking tape. It left a very fine line visible to the eye. If you enlarge the image, you can see panel lines on the wing and fuselage behind the cockpit.

Lou

lastvautour

I photocopied the CanMilAir decals to experiment with placement of the nacelle flash. It looks like things will work out fine. Since the decal is newly applied, a bit of scotch tape will lift it. The other experiment is placing control surface decals. I cannot find any black drawings so this greyish one will have to do.

Lou

Dave T

Did you decide leave the paint alone? It looks fine in the photos.

lastvautour

Yes, I just left it. There is no colour differentiation but it turned out OK.

Lou

Boomerang

Looks OK to me as well. The gray decals worked ok. I had the same issue with the F-84.

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. I will keep trying to find a darker image.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 24 July 2023. Two months in the making and I am pleased with the results. The decals are from CanMilAir and represent a Mk 3D flown by 416 Sqn.

Lou

Gearup

Fine looking model of the Clunk. The silver finish really represents the type. A great design for the Canadian environment with twin engines and a tough airframe.

lastvautour