• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF's 100th - 1/48 Beechcraft C-45 Expeditor Start 26 Jan 22 - Finish 19 May 22

Started by lastvautour, January 27, 2022, 03:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Subassemblies are glued, puttied and sanded ready for primer coat. Components are tight fitting and final filler will proceed after priming and fine sanding.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. All three models on the bench have the same priority so I feel it should be finished mid April.

Lou

lastvautour

Missed my original estimation on completion by a few weeks, or more. Expeditor is ready for [paint. First will be red then the metal finish with black de-icing booths.

Lou

lastvautour

White upper fuselage masked and red sprayed on tail and wings tips.

Lou

lastvautour

Lower fuselage/wings painted red. Next will be masking and application of metallic finish. I have yet to decided what brand I will use. The chrome I have looks good when originally sprayed but does not dry to a hard surface and needs a clear coat which take away the shine. I was looking at the chrome pencil seen on line and was wondering if anyone else has every tried it.

Lou

lastvautour

White and red sections were masked followed by the first mist coat of metallic silver.

Lou

Gearup

I like the idea of painting the trim coats first and covering the silver last. It seems that silver does not like to masked over.
Fraser

lastvautour

Silver will lift no matter what your do. I use Tamiya tape on Future wax over silver to mask for the windscreen. And event then, care is really essential.

Lou

lastvautour

Upper surfaces have their first sliver coat. Decals printed and await clear spray.  Shadow lettering is my own creation.

Lou

lastvautour

It will be a bit duller once I have the clear coat, but that is the nature of metallic silver.

Lou

lastvautour

lastvautour

De-icing booths painted on main and horizontal wings. I will need some flexible tape to do the vertical stabs.

Lou