• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF's 100th - 1/32 Fleet Finch Started 24 Jan 2022 Completed 13 Mar 2022

Started by lastvautour, January 24, 2022, 05:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave T

That's the nice thing about 1/32 scale, putting in details without using a microscope.

lastvautour

Gordon - Thank you

Dave - Indeed, my eyes and fat finger makes smaller engine hard to make.

Lou

lastvautour

Progress shot. The undercarriage frame work and wheels are complete and will be assemble off the model. The struts are also under construction.

Lou

Boomerang

Coming along very nicely Lou. Love the ribbing effect.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. I decided to double up the masking strips for greater definition.

Lou

Gearup

Lou, love the engine stand used while while waiting for the riggers to complete their work.
Fraser

lastvautour

A place to store it out of the way.

Rigging has begun and monofilament just threaded through the location holes. They will be glued to the fuselage first and then the wing once the top wing is attached. The rigging actually acts as real guide wires and gives strength to the assembly.

Lou

lastvautour

Top wing is glued and rigging restarted from scratch as I had neglected to paint the guide wires. The photo shows my tensioning the wires and the gluing them in place.

Lou

lastvautour

Dropped the Finch and removed the top wing. URGG. Had to remove existing rigging and start anew. I now use clamps to secure the aircraft and to tighten the monofilament. Never pays to take shortcuts.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out on 13 Mar 2022. The Finch is 73 of 100 of my RCAF 100th project. The Fleet Finch also brings my total RCAF yellow trainers to four.

Lou

Gearup

Lou,
That is a really pretty model of the finch. The rib stitching looks very authentic. You've definitely captured the spirit of the Finch. Well done
Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. Although it did cause me to say a few choice words here and there, it was still enjoyable and very satisfying build.

Lou

Boomerang

Another excellent model Lou.
Fits in well with the other trainers.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. One more Yellow Bird, a Gypsy Moth, is in the wings.

Lou