• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF's 100th - 1/32 Fleet Finch Started 24 Jan 2022 Completed 13 Mar 2022

Started by lastvautour, January 24, 2022, 05:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

RCAF Fleet Finch parts are rough cut.

Lou

lastvautour

Parts are block cut and ready for shaping.

Lou

lastvautour

Fuselage is shaped and rough sanded except for the windscreen. Other parts are block cut. Engine is a Kenner K5 and has been started. The front of the engine is clean with the push rods, intake and exhaust manifolds on the rear side.

Lou

Gearup

I don't think I've seen one with the winter canopy. There is a Finch here in Langley at the air museum. They always had a real classic biplane look to them.

Fraser

lastvautour

For all its popularity I am surprised to find so few drawings and such poor quality.

Lou

lastvautour

Major components rough sanded and the Kenner engine is starting to take shape.

Lou

Gearup

What is the material used for the rocker covers?
Fraser

lastvautour

Bamboo strip that has a blue stain on it.

Lou

Gearup

lastvautour

Simulated ribs are currently being placed on the wings and the engine has progress a bit also with intake and exhaust being installed. The front of the engine is not quite right, however that is a s close as I can get with the materiel I have. I may sand down the front to 1'' of the cylinder cutouts and make a wooden crankcase. I abandoned the idea of doing it all out of wood.

Lou

Gearup

Nicely made Kinner and wing detail.
Fraser

lastvautour

lastvautour

Paint scheme has begun with 2 light coats already applied. The model will require at least another three light coats to get the depth of colour I want.

Lou

lastvautour

Engine exhaust replaced and fuselage is in the paint booth.

Lou

Boomerang