• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF 100th 1/72 Fairchild PT-26A Cornell 13 Jan 22 - 04 Feb 22

Started by lastvautour, January 13, 2022, 07:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

First new start of the year with block cut Cornell. The PT-26A was the Canadian version of the PT-19 and had a canopy due to our not so warm winters. 

Lou
I may still revert to 1/32 version as the aircraft is quite small.

lastvautour

I see I neglected to post construction photos. The Cornell is in the paint both with its first coat of primer.

Lou

lastvautour

I did have some construction photos and I will post them now along with the primed Cornell as well as 1mm tape to simulate the fuselage framework.

Lou

lastvautour

Cornell is coming along. Next will be the tail wheel assembly but will with to attached at the end of the project. Decals have yet to be scaled and printed.

The simulated fuselage framework is slight and looks good to the naked eye.

Lou

lastvautour

lastvautour

Next, markings and prop disc. The Cornell's display stand has been done and awaits clear coating.

Lou

Gearup

Nice model of the Cornell. I guess not too many survived as they had a lot of wood in the structure and sat out side for too long. Looking forward to the finished model
Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. There are a few Cornell in museums, but as you mentioned, not many found their way to civilian hands.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 4 Fen 2022. This makes my RCAF 100th 69th model. I fun build for a small aircraft.

Lou

Dave T

lastvautour

Gearup

I like how you have used a consistent stand design for the models in the photo. It really adds cohesion to your display.
Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. I have a tutorial in the technique and tip section. It is 2" wide, 2" long and 2" high. The front of the stand is reduced to 1" at the base. The pylon top is 1/4" and the base is 1". Stand for all my small 1/72 models. I use a square base for the 1/48 and a variety of whatever come to me for the bigger models.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. Here is my triple yellow peril photo.

Lou