• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2001 - 2021 20th Anniversary AirToon F-100F Super Sabre 10 Aug 21 - 05 Sep 21

Started by lastvautour, September 05, 2021, 05:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Lou's "Skunkworks" AirToon North American F-100F Super Sabre in 335th Fighter Day Squadron, 4th Fighter Day Wings Seymour-Johnson AFB circa 1959. The AirToon is inspired by the 1/48 Lindberg F-100D Super Sabre I purchased in 1967 that had this colour scheme.

Lou

lastvautour

The Century Series is almost complete. Drawing have been printed for the F-105, however the selection of wood is yet to be scheduled.

Lou

buccfan

Top job Lou, nice colour scheme, another one for your vast collection, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

buccfan

Thank you for your comment Lou, but making a toon with no dimensional restrictions and a scale model as you do, leaves me to aspire to get to your level maybe one day, best regards Paul J.

Boomerang

Top job Lou. Well Done. Looking at what you and Paul achieve my interest is definitely peaked.

Doodle pad has been in use scratching out some ideas. Just at the doodling stage though.

Looking forward to the 105.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. The F-105 is at the bottom of the priority list for now.

Lou

Gearup

Lovely looking toon, Lou.  The circle of aircraft looks like a stand-off of hummingbirds with the pointy probes. Just made me realize how many of the old jets had them.
Also, did you model the ground crew from kits? 

Thanks again
Fraser

lastvautour