• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/144 Small Gem Mirage IV Started 11 Oct 2020 Complete 4 Nov 2020

Started by lastvautour, October 12, 2020, 07:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

While other projects were awaiting drying paint, glue to set and other things, I had 1/2 hour to kill. Here are the results. The fuselage is destine for the scrap heap as the intakes are much too small. It takes just 15 minutes to redo so no big loss.

Lou

lastvautour

New fuselage in block form.

Lou

lastvautour

First attempt at wheel bogies. I am aiming at reasonable facsimile.

Lou

lastvautour

Had to scrap the first undercarriage bogie in favour of these new ones. Undercarriage doors are yet to be manufactured. The airframe is glued and sanded awaiting primer and paint. All total, the undercarriage has 17 parts while the airframe has 6.

lastvautour

lastvautour

Roll out 4 Nov 2020. A prelude to a 1/72 version at some point.

Lou

lastvautour

Additional photos.

Lou

lastvautour

A comparison shot with the SO 4050 Vautour, another French design.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. These small scale are fairly easy to do and point out potential problems for larger builds. I plan on doing a 1/72 Mirage IV at some future date.

Lou

lastvautour

Gearup

It is a gem Lou! Love the touch with the GPU. What his the white circle under the model? Radome? The 4 wheel bogie gear is surprising for an aircraft of that size.
Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. The wheel are two pieces only. The structure is one horizontal and one vertical dowels. Separating the dual wheels is done by using a flat rattail file on edge to wear away materiel leaving the axle. I tried individual wheels but that did not work out well.
The yellowish area is a ground radar. It is suppose to be fiberglass.
Lou