• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF 100th - 1/72 Canadair Argus Started 14 Apr 2018 complted 01 Oct 2023

Started by lastvautour, April 14, 2018, 07:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave T

That is a familiar color...

lastvautour

Indeed, it was my primer of choice until I found the light grey primer/filler.

Lou

lastvautour

I have started applying the white top using matt paint as it goes on better. The last coat will be gloss. Here it is after some additional sanding after the first couple of coats showed some imperfections I could not ignore.

Lou

lastvautour

More sanding and another photo. I added the bubble observation windows on the rear fuselage.

Lou

lastvautour

lastvautour

Front end. Windows are decals.

Lou

Boomerang

Excellent work so far Lou.

My homemade decals a bit hit and miss at times.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. I frequently need to do several prints before getting the result I want.

Lou

lastvautour

Most of the decals have been applied. All prop blades are carved and a few extras for good measure. The propeller assembly comprises of seven parts.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out on 01 Oct 2023 after over five years on my bench.

Lou

Note: Triple photo is 1/72, 1/48, and 1/32.

Gearup

Lou, thank you for showing the beauty of the Argus.  It certainly looks like it is ready for a patrol!  Also nice to see that the project was completed even after an extended time. There's hope for me yet.

Nicely done!

Fraser

lastvautour

My Bonnie was started in 2008, so there is hope for everyone. What's on the horizon for you?

Lou

Gearup

Now that's perseverance! I actually have five light aircraft that have been started on the bench in the roughed out and shaping stage.  I will be posting about them soon as individual projects.   

lastvautour