• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/144 HMCS Bonaventure Started 1 April 2008

Started by lastvautour, April 18, 2008, 05:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Decals have arrived, however I have not had time to place any of them . I took a photo to show what the Trackers look like without the CanMilAir decals.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2840
Oh ya, the chopper is my second prototype H04S-3 Horse with initial coat of paint. Much clean up, sanding and some more painting before decals go on. The decals are on the way.

Lou

Oceaneer99

lastvautour

I am trying very hard to keep the pace up. I know that July will be a slow month and that the weather is forcasted to be wondeful for the east coast.

Lou

lastvautour

The Trackers are completed. At last count there are 44 pieces in each Tracker. Decals are from CanMilAir and they worked out great (my opinion only).

All in all it is satisfying to finish a specific project. In this case I have several specifics within a large project. Now on to the HO4S-3s. There are only two of those.

Ken Pugh

The Trackers look great, Lou.  Then again, so does the whole air wing.  I bet your decal contact is really loving you.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

At $7.00 dollars per aircraft, his summer holiday was assured. Thanks for the compliments.

Lou

cliff strachan

lastvautour

cliff strachan

Hi again Lou.

An airplane story. When I was on course in Ottawa in 1960 there was a naval officer also on course. He was a pilot and was allowed to check out a Tracker to fly home to Greenwood on the weekends as I recall. However, he later told us, that as the forecast weather was below his minimums, he was obliged to take the commercial alternative home. Of course part of his carry-on consisted of his parachute. The ticket agent is supposed to have said:"I've seen some nervous passengers before but I've never seen one carrying  a parachute".

Cliff.

lastvautour

The HO4S-3s have been painted and windows applied using masking tape and an unsteady hand. Decals are here and will be put on shortly.

lastvautour

lastvautour

Additonal work has finally begun on the Bonnie. Shaping of the stern areas and sanding has been undertaken.

lastvautour

Some progress has been achieved on the Bonnie. Trying to make the mast is causing some problems in making parts suitably small to look in scale. So far not so good but I will get there eventually.

Here we have four separate attempts to get it right. I do not want to resort to using plastic girders to make the mast.

Lou

Oceaneer99

Lou,
Those are really intricate. At first, I though you were working on scenery for a model railroad!

Joe

Lou,

This is my first read of your tour d'force and it read like a novel, complete with some Perils of Pauline along the way (the Banshee mishap)!  My goodness, what a splendidly conceived and constructed project.  It is all too inspiring for words.  I shall watch with eagerness its further progress and completion.  I assume The Canada Museum in Ottawa is awaiting its finish...

Huzzah!

Joe