• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/144 HMCS Bonaventure Started 1 April 2008

Started by lastvautour, April 18, 2008, 05:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I don't really know but I do keep working even if it is only adding one piece every other month.

Lou

lastvautour

Port side boats installed.

Lou

lastvautour

Renewed interest in the Bonnie. I have started an SPS-8 radar array is on the bench. Making radar mesh from wood is a challenge. Photos to follow later in the week.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

The top array is started with many more pieces to come. The close up is the SPS-8 radar progress.

Lou

lastvautour

Bits and pieces are coming along. SPS-8 is done but the details are very low. Some new railing yet to be painted. The funnel and water tank have been glued in place.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

SPS-8 and SPS-49 installed as well as four storage lockers on the upper deck. The two remaining pictures are the addition radars and the upper array platform.

Lou

PS a chance to sneak in my 1/72 F-15 Eagle. This has to be the worst kit I have ever built.

buccfan

Nice work Lou, great detailing, I don't know about you but I enjoy making the detailed parts, such as undercarriage, more than removing wood and sanding. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

It all depends on the subject. Some of my 1/32 aircraft have built up engines and most of my 1/144 have undercarriage. The Bonnie need lots of small parts and is truly a decade + project.

Lou

lastvautour

I did manage some work before the propane leak. The main mast is about 30% done.

Lou

lastvautour

Progressing along nicely. The mast has 4 metal, 42 plastic and 142 wooden parts. I still need a few bits and pieces to add and paint.

Lou

lastvautour

I have not counted how many parts to the island. There is still work(enjoyment) to be done before it is done.

Lou

buccfan

Looks great Lou, excellent detailing. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

HMCS Bonaventure radar and communication systems complete for now. Rigging and same antennae may follow later. The island will remain removable for transporting.

Lou