• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/144 HMCS Bonaventure Started 1 April 2008

Started by lastvautour, April 18, 2008, 05:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

Tidy job with the netting Lou, the screen mesh looks effective. What are you using to attach it?, is it superglue gel?. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I am using super glue liquid right now as my supply of gel is just about gone. Either work well One must wait a bit longer with the liquid.

Lou

lastvautour

Moving along. A fire station. One of 8.

Lou

lastvautour

Lot of details left to make and install but progress is being made. Anticipated launch 2014. I have sanded repainted the flight deck with lighter grey colour and I also plan on working on the island next week.

Lou

buccfan

lastvautour

Many enjoyable hours have been spent on catwalks. The port side is nearly finished. At every turn a workaround is required to make her as realistic as possible.

Lou

lastvautour

Catwalks continue to be the main event on the Bonnie. The aft catwalk is getting stanchions attached prior to netting being applied.

Photo to follow.

Lou

lastvautour

The aft catwalks flooring and mesh railings has been attached and painted. The next area, aft starboard catwalks are not well documented so more research is required. There are still many areas on the port side that also need completion, but that will wait until the entire ship is brought to the level of detail currently on the port catwalks. My early 2014 launch may not be attainable at this rate.

Lou

Balsabasher

Lou I am in awe at the amount of work that has gone into this project,ongoing complex models such as this really look impressive and you have given this one your best for sure,every small fitting is a model in itself.
Barry.

lastvautour

Thank you Barry. There is still a lot to do. Maybe 2014 is an optimistic launch date.

Lou

Balsabasher

I think a miniature bottle of champagne will need to be made gor the launch,you can get those tiny dolls house bottles !
Barry.

lastvautour

New glue bottle and the building goes on.

Lou

lastvautour

Shipbuilders have been busy today.

Lou

lastvautour

Screen mesh is just siting there for now. Glue scheduled for tomorrow morning, unless the sun shines, then it's lawn cutting.

Lou

lastvautour

Additional details added to the aft starboard catwalks. Progress has been slow this summer but will pick up this fall and winter.

Lou