• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Volunteers needed

Started by dave_t, May 31, 2009, 05:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave_t

I couldn't post a reply to Ray's call for volunteers, so I am starting a new thread.

I don't visit the SMM homepage often because it seems to exist just for redirecting to the forum and gallery. It would be great to see that as the main destination. Any thoughts?

Ken Pugh

I, too, was not able to reply to the original post so I will do so here.  I don't have a touch for computer graphics or programming/coding, but I can write.  Since I have Word 2007 I have the ability to publish pdf files, so I can take a stab at converting build threads to articles for publishing as pdf files.  Ray, you set the priorities and I'll hack away at it.

Ken Pugh

cliff strachan

Hi Ray and Garet,

To the point, I'd like to volunteer or to be of service in some manner or other. But, lets face it, I'm only now getting to be reasonably efficient in computer usage - yet still not owning my very own machine. Also to the point, let me be on record as saying that you guys, in my estimation, are doing an extremely great job in furthering, or rather reintroducing, a hobby that has significance and relevance much beyond its immediate impact. A repository of methods and pursuits that have historically helped lead to the advancements in aviation that are so frequently accepted without thought: a kind of living museum.  Perhaps this is only nostalgia but hopefully we are not about to "pack it in". After all I've still got a number of projects to complete. With all the members we've got surely some of the more reticent may yet  come to our aid.

As I do have at least temporary access to a computer perhaps if a more detailed description of what is needed would be provided maybe something could come up.

Cliff.

R.F.Bennett

How eloquent,. . .

Quotefurthering, or rather reintroducing, a hobby that has significance and relevance much beyond its immediate impact. A repository of methods and pursuits that have historically helped lead to the advancements in aviation that are so frequently accepted without thought: a kind of living museum.

Thank you Cliff

Cliff and Dave, will you please send me your PH numbers and a good time to call, do not post them here.
I have yours Ken, I'll be contacting you.
"The Dude Abides"

dave_t

Ray,
     After looking into it, I realize I don't have a clue how to make multi-page pdf documents. It seems that none of my word processing applications let me do that. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Dave

R.F.Bennett

Ken is going to be working on some for us, as will Garret and I, When you are done with your Mini build I'll put together a pdf for your approval. At that time you can add any notations that you would like before posting. I can do it without the SMM header too. This is all of coarse only if you want to and it could take a few months.
"The Dude Abides"

dave_t

That's fine Ray. Looking forward to the coffee table book version too. :)

Will

Dave,

Dave T
Creating PDFs - at work we use the freeware PDF creator from www.pdf995.com.  Once loaded it just acts as another printer, so it works with any program.  There is a slightly annoying pop-up "inviting" you to buy the full version each time you print, but I guess you get what you [don't] pay for!
Regards
Will in the rainy UK
Quote from: dave_t on July 06, 2009, 04:27:24 PM
Ray,
     After looking into it, I realize I don't have a clue how to make multi-page pdf documents. ... Does anyone have a suggestion?

Dave

dave_t

Will,
     Thanks for the link. I'll try it out and report my results.

scottzepher

Quote from: dave_t on July 06, 2009, 04:27:24 PM
Ray,
     After looking into it, I realize I don't have a clue how to make multi-page pdf documents. It seems that none of my word processing applications let me do that. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Dave

Anyone with MS Office (2007 especially) can download a pdf-creation program free on the Office website.

Tom