• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Displaying SSM models

Started by lastvautour, November 11, 2015, 08:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Here is a message from Pete Morro,

Hi Pete,

RCAF association has a show case on 13 floor of NDHQ, I put two of your carving in that show case. By the way, people working at 13 floor are air force. I'll try to get picture for you next time.

Thank you for your support and understanding

Wendy

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Canada's military, NDHQ stands for National Defense Headquarters and is located in Ottawa.

Lou

Biggles

How long will the models be staying there?
John 15:13

Pete1616

They have a section to display things relevant to the Air Force Association. As I've sent them 14 carvings, I hope they will change them regularly.....Today I'm donating my Bell 533 helicopter....Pete
Pete1616

Pete1616

I recall that Lou helped us out with info regarding propellers, There have been others that offer advice etc for all of us.

I wonder if we could establish a site where members could post tips and ideas that may help others, both new and "old" members?

Here's a sample....When I started carving I used the cardboard from cereal boxes for patterns to trace on the wood. Then my wife, who is a "sometime" quilter, suggested the opaque plastic sheets available from quilting shops.....easy to cut with scissors, write on with a pencil, works like a charm........Pete
Pete1616

lastvautour