• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 Comper Swift

Started by Mark Braunlich, October 21, 2021, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Braunlich

Early mockup of my latest, a 1/72 Comper Swift.   Span is only 4 inches.  Tailplane is phenolic fiberboard.

Gearup

Hello Mark,
Wow. Nicely detailed right from the start. what method did you use to get the rib tapes so precise?
Fraser

lastvautour

Looks very promising Mark. I await your future posts.

Lou

Boomerang

Mark,

Excellent progress so far. Looking forward to further progress.

Cheers

Gordon

Mark Braunlich

Latest work on the cockpit / instrument panel / pilot.  The pilot is a modified lead Skybirds figure.  Getting him to fit in the tiny cockpit was a challenge.

lastvautour

Mark Braunlich

I put this project away when my wife passed in November.  Almost forgot it was there.  First coat of primer today, needs sanding.

lastvautour

Firstly, please accept my condolences.

Second, your model is coming along very nicely.

Lou

Boomerang

Mark,

Again my condolences.

Looking forward to the Comper being completed.

There are some great colour schemes for it.

Gordon

Gearup

Mark,
I am saddened for your loss.
Fraser

Gearup

Mark,
Welcome back to the forum. The model is looking great and I am also looking forward to its completion.

regards,
Fraser

Mark Braunlich

Thanks guys.

Here's the tiny undercarriage soldered up from really tiny brass bits.  I think that's the hardest part of this model done.

lastvautour

Nice job on the undercarriage. Soldering is one skill I never got around to acquiring.

Lou

Gearup

The landing gear looks good and sturdily made. There is a certain satisfaction putting together a brass assembly like that. BTW, is that a steel block behind the model? I have a couple that really come in handy for detail work surfaces.
Fraser

Mark Braunlich

Comper Swift is finished.  Smallest model I've ever made!  4 inch wing span.