• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

SBC-4 Helldiver in 1/56

Started by johnnytodd, June 01, 2017, 12:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Model Maker

Looks great!! A nice touch on the struts and rigging.

Just wondering which technique you used to outline the control surfaces. I'm still trying to find a realistic approach. Your outlines look very realistic.

-ken

johnnytodd

Hi Ken,

I've experimented with scribing lines (no room for error) or using a sharpie (clear varnish caused lines to run) but settled on a simple pencil line, with a top coat of testors dullcoat laquer. Pencil may be a bit subtle but I dont want to get caught up in too much surface detail.

John

FlyingS

Very nice! I have to say it's an inspiration for me. Question, how do you do the wires on the wings, what kind of string and how do you get them so tight?
Harv

johnnytodd

Hi Harv,

The tightness of the wires is an illusion.  I cut plastic bristle from a small dust broom which have a spring tension.  I drill a small hole where I want the line to terminate and then cut the bristle very precisely to fit...

John

lastvautour

FlyingS

What a great idea! I'm finding that I need to really look outside "the box" for ideas to add detail to my models. I consider each model I do as an experiment to improve my skills. Thanks1