• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

WWII ID + Models Vol II

Started by lastvautour, April 20, 2011, 07:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggles

Yes they are, I have got photos somewhere on mums phone, I will have to dig them out for you!
John 15:13

lastvautour

Just discovered a terrible error in my first Vought Corsair. I glued the vertical fin on backwards. Will have to sort that out. I found out by comparing old 2011 photos to the current Corsair I am building with Rick.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=599.msg5309#msg5309

Lou

lastvautour

F4U Corsair built as a tutorial for a new member. Details at http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1581.0

Robert Hampton "Hammy" Gray, VC, DSC (November 2, 1917 – August 9, 1945) was a Canadian naval officer, pilot, and recipient of the Victoria Cross (VC) during World War II, while flying with the Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm HMS Formidable.

Lou

lastvautour

Just about to start an ID+ Hawker Hurricane in 1/72 scale. I fear any bigger scale would be problematic for me to simulate the fabric covered rear fuselage. The RCAF No 1 Squadron took part in the Battle of Britain and that will be my colour scheme.

Lou

lastvautour

Hurricane major  components in block shape.

Lou

lastvautour

Wings and fuselage are glued and rough sanded. Filets have been added and puttied.

Lou

buccfan

Looking good Lou, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

This is my first Hurricane. I have always been afraid of making one because  of the fabric rear fuselage ribbing. I decided to ignore that feature and leave the area smooth. U am using the SMM USN ID drawing & plan.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

lastvautour

All components attached requiring just some fine sanding.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

lastvautour

Moving along. I had a slightly different cam pattern until I realized that I had two aircraft profiles. I painted while looking at one and somewhere I switch over to the other. It made for a weird cam pattern. All fixed now.

Lou

Boomerang

Good job on the brown and green

Gordon