• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

WWII ID + Models Vol II

Started by lastvautour, April 20, 2011, 07:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Nacelles and tail plane glued and rough sanded. Need a bit more putty and final sanding.

Lou

lastvautour

A reasonable effort using carpenter's white glue. I should have built it up slowly. Some of the blisters caved in. I hope a slight application of more glue will hide my error.

Lou

lastvautour

Main wing filet glued as well as all other major components. Photos to follow.

Lou

lastvautour

Putty almost ready for sanding. I anticipate completion of my Blenheim by mid Feb.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

Looking at your Blenheim I see that the shape of my nacelles is incorrect. I will have to fiddle with them to bring them closer to the shape you have done. The filet first attempt needs a bit of sanding.

Lou

lastvautour

The nacelles have been reshaped to conform with the actual shape. Primer has been applied. Now sanding and the final finish will follow. The only RCAF paint scheme found is for the totally black night fighter. I am not completely sure if I will do it that way.

Lou

Boomerang

Lou ,

I've done some searching and have come up with Pilot officer Joseph Carriere  who was on 219 squadron RAF flying MK1F's Squadron code was FK .The is info of him having an accident in L8724 . There is a picture in an Osprey publication Blenheim aces which is L8726 coded "M" of 219 squadron.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

I looked up PO Jean Carriere from 219 Sqn. I see he is Canadian and was awarded a DFC. Thanks for the tip.

Lou

lastvautour

Painted in Fleet Air Arm colours of extra dark sea gray and dark slate. The slate is eyeball mix as I am out of the slate and cannot find any reasonably priced on line. The port wing has a coat of clear gloss.

Lou

The image below is a link from Wings Palette. The colours are poorly shown. 

lastvautour

A bit of research revealed that the Blenheim Mk I was replaced in 1943, so this model will not be featured in the 1945 75th anniversary group build.

Louis

lastvautour

Number eleven in my twin engine ID + collection. Colours are Fleet Air Arm circa 1943.

Lou

Boomerang

Excellent work Lou.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. I need to tweak the front glass area but otherwise I am satisfied.

Lou

Gearup

Nicely done model, Lou. It must have been a vulnerable feeling sitting inside all that glass during a mission. Thanks!

Fraser