• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

January 2024 Ping

Started by lastvautour, January 01, 2024, 11:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Another year so quickly passed as we welcome 2024. Solid Model Memories continues to be a refuge where one can, for a short while, put aside the turmoil in the world.

December saw a surge of views with 204,790 being added to the Forum's yearly total. The membership added five new topics and 73 new post. The gallery saw a drop in viewership with 14.982 being added. Further details on 2023 will be included in the annual yearbook.

Four models were submitted during December.

Omar

Box Scale
Granville Bee Gee Y

Box Scale
Lockheed Electra

Lou
1/32 GM M216 Deuce 1/2

1/144
Casa/Airbus CC295 Kingfisher

My 2024 wish is for a more peaceful year. Happy New Year to all members.

Lou

lastvautour

Not much on my bench for the start of 2024.

1/32 Kenworth T800 series cab - basic frame assembled and awaiting plans in the mail.
1/72 Lockheed Loadstar - fuselage and wings are carved and notched

I anticipate 2024 will not be as fruitful as 2023, then again it is early in the year.

Lou

Boomerang

Slowly getting back into the swing.

Some progress on FK 23 - wing struts made using pared down bamboo skewers.

1/60 Fairey Battle - Basic airframe done. Homemade Vac form box works but needs some further refinement.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

That should be interesting to see that greenhood cockpit canopy. I have use skewers as well. I like the straight grain and they have a bit of flex.

Lou

Gearup

Im also looking forward to what models the new year will bring. Should be gluing up the set of five aircraft within the week.
Fraser

lastvautour

I have not set any goals for 2024 other than the two I currently have on my bench.

Lou

lastvautour

My new saw showed up yesterday and I promptly threw my back out moving it. I had physio this morning but still have a bit of discomfort.

Lou

Gearup

Ouch! I know that pain. Take it easy. Did you have a bandsaw before?

Fraser

lastvautour

Yes I did, however it broke down in early Dec. This one was delayed over a month.

Lou
PS I had someone place it on my workbench!