• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Tutorial Intermediate - Lockheed Ventura

Started by lastvautour, October 12, 2022, 10:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I will attempt to post this Ventura tutorial on SMM as well as Facebook. I am also trial using imbedded text instead of posting text and image separately. This is to facilitate following the build on Facebook.

Lou

Note. Scale will not be mentioned as the builder can choose the size they want. Mine will be 1/72

Part 1

lastvautour

I will attempt to post this Ventura tutorial on SMM as well as Facebook. I am also trial using imbedded text instead of posting text and image separately. This is to facilitate following the build on Facebook.

Lou

Part 2

lastvautour

Lou

Part 3

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

Gearup

Brilliant! The organization skills you have for your projects really show here. I like the format you are presenting in and it shows very clearLy the process being used at each step.

Looking forward to following the project.

Fraser

lastvautour

I will attempt to make a PDF for distribution.

Lou

lastvautour

Leaving the nacelles for a while, we move on to the most important aspect of the build.

Lou

lastvautour

Coming back to the fuselage.

Lou

lastvautour

The wing will get some attention in the next several steps.

Lou

lastvautour

Flip the wing block and start on the top of the wing.

Lou

Erratum: image 044 contains a spelling error. The text should read "chisel or planer"

Gearup

Cleaning. I agree that this is a critical portion of the job. Helps find those small bits that usually leave the bench at high velocity. Keeps the peace too.....
Fraser

Gearup

Shaping the wing. Thanks for sharing the technique on carving a single piece wing with both dihedral and taper.
Fraser

lastvautour

Nacelle will be carved and rough sanded in this and the next post.

Lou

lastvautour

Completing the nacelles. Once rough sanded, they will be put aside for a while.

Lou

Gearup

I'll have to go look at the dollar store for some of those chisels.They would be good for occasional use on some tricky areas.

Project looks great so far.
Fraser