• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Phantoon.

Started by buccfan, December 04, 2012, 08:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

Phank you very much Lou. Regards Paul J.

buccfan

A bit of progress. First coat of brush primer done, can't say I like it very much, it is thicker and dries too quick leaving lots of brush marks. I have added some flow improver to it for the second coat. All detail parts now made ready for priming. Wheels from spares need repainting. Because my printer is not working very well, I decided to buy some decals as I didn't want to spoil it with poor decals. I bought the history of 74 Squadron sheet which gives me the option to build other aircraft, and already have the decals. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Looking great so far. Looking forward to the finished model.

Lou

cliff strachan

Paul, I must say that it looks rather AOK. But mostly I admire all the work and effort that some of you guys have taken on. Good luck in all your endeavours.
Cliff.

buccfan

Thanks for your comments Lou and Cliff. Cliff, I only built plastic kits until I discovered this site,I have found that there is much more pleasure from actually making the templates and parts yourself, and there is a lot of inspiration to be found here on S.M.M. regards Paul J.

cliff strachan

Paul, I think that the most attractive aspect of Solid Scale is trying to figure out just how are you going to do something. It is for me anyway and maybe that's the reason that I've had to leave it for a while.
Cliff.

buccfan

All colours on, a couple of pics before varnish coat and decals.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Looking Phantastic. It promisses to be a Phenomenal model.

Lou

buccfan

I can't phink of anyphing else with a ph so thanks for your comments Lou, (I already used phank you in another post) Regards Paul J.

buccfan

Phantoon phinally phinished!. XV474 tucks up her undercarriage after a dirty pass. Decals from the 74 Squadron history sheet as my printer is not very well and I didn't want to spoil the model with dodgy decals. Regards Paul J.

Mark Braunlich

Lovely.  I like the stand too!

lastvautour

What a Phantastic Phantom. Love the folding undercarriage. You really did a superb job on this one including the stand. I will post a couple of those photos to flickr.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks for your comments Mark and Lou, much appreciated. I think this is my favorite build so far, although I have enjoyed making the others. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

The templates for Paul's Phantom have been uploaded to the gallery for those wanting to make their own.

Other templates are available at
http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/index.php?cat=19

Lou

Balsabasher

Excellent workmanship and great end results,well donePaul !
Barry.