• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Guy Lacasse - Cessna 185

Started by lastvautour, February 05, 2010, 06:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Saw your Cessna 185 and fell in love right away. Those high wing wonders are great and yours fits well with any collection

Lou

Oceaneer99

I was able to move these to Guy's album and change the owner to Guy.  This took some tricky editing of the server's database files.  In general, administrators cannot add or move photos to your personal gallery (they truly are personal).  In the future, let me know if you are having trouble uploading to your personal gallery, as it is usually easier to fix those issues than to move the file later.

Having said that, I now know how to manually move files to a personal gallery, so if there are existing files that need to be fixed, let me know.

Garet

cliff strachan

Thanks Garet,
In the process of trying to show Guy how to upload photos we inadvertently forgot that I was logged in - and from there the proverbially fan was covered.
Sorry for the trouble.
Cliff.

Oceaneer99

No worries, I've done that myself!  But I didn't know how to fix it until this morning.

Garet

Balsabasher

It is really good seeing these civil types being given solid modelling exposure,they make for attractive subjects and this is a good example of making a simple set piece for photography,well done ! love the subject,love the model,love the colourscheme.
Barry.

Mark Braunlich

Here's 2009 pix of N571C  I photographed in Kewanee, IL.  I just post these here because I think this bird needs to be modelled by someone.  Motivational photographs?

Guy, are you still out there?

Mark

lastvautour

Very nice looking aircraft and very tempting for my High Wing Wonder collection. However I have little time this fall for to many new projects.

Lou

Balsabasher

Is there a good plan anywhere Mark ? it is a lovely subject.
Barry.

Mark Braunlich

I think member Lars Opland at Khee-Kha Art Products up in Alaska probably has drawings.

Here's link to his vac-kit of the subject:
http://www.mtaonline.net/~zdk/kit005.htm

Mark

Balsabasher

Thanks Mark,I think on reflection that I may have a drawing in that old Aeromodeller publication 'Flying scale models' will need to check my library which is undergoing a move at this very moment into my workshop.
Barry.

Lars_Opland

Thanks much for the plug, Mark, though all should be advised that the Khee-Kha 180-185 plans are only sold with the Cessna kit. There are many others to be found on the net & elsewhere, & (caveat emptor) all I've seen have "issues". There is also a potentially confusing array of variation in the outward appearance of the series, particularly from the 1950's through the early 1960's...& the last 2 years of Cessna 180 production shared the same tail profile with the 185, so distinguishing one from the other finally became a matter of checking the FAA records, reading the data plate or measuring the exhaust diameter.....
My Fairchild 71 & Bellanca Pacemaker plans, on the other hand, have long since been pirated & can now be found (sans logos, etc.) on various foreign-language websites...but carving one is still the hard part.

Salut, #;^)##

lastvautour

I found some drawings on a russian site.
http://wherewolf.narod.ru/drawings2/Drawings2.htm

The drawings are too big to post as an attachment once they are downloaded. Lou

Balsabasher

Well done Lou,these are good drawings with more than enough information on them,I guess that I had better cut some templates !
Barry.

Mark Braunlich

Note the difference in the side windows between the Russian drawing and the photos of N571C which is actually a Cessna 180A Skywagon built in 1957.    

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/359245.html

Mark

lastvautour

With any aircraft variation are the norm. I will be doing one as per the drawings and in some Canadian marking of some sort. I found quite a few on line. I have printed some drawings and will be starting as soon as I have finished getting them to 1/32 size. I believe I will be doing it on wheels.

Lou