• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF Centennial - North Atlantic Aviation Museum Display

Started by lastvautour, February 11, 2024, 06:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I have been asked to provide 100 models for display during this coming summer at the North Atlantic Aviation Museum In Gander Newfoundland. I have already packed  two boxes and will have them done by mid March. The display will run until October I have included Solid Model Memories link in my bio.

Gearup

That is fantastic Lou!  You are probably the only person in Canada that can provide one hundred unique hand crafted aircraft models worthy of a museum display. Your display will certainly be a center piece that you can be proud of.

All the best,
Fraser

Model Maker

Hi Lou

I agree with Fraser. Your 100 models for the centennial year is a tremendous acomplishment. Although some of us look fondly back at the Avro Arrow as a watershed airplane in the Canadian aviation arena, you bring to light there is a greater legacy in Canadian aviation than a single airplane.

Congratulations! - ken

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser and Ken. I have not carved an Arrow, although I am frequently asked to do so. It was fast and majestic in the sky, however range was limited as it was an interceptor and not a dog fighter. It would have seen limited use. The tragedy is that it stopped fighter aircraft development in Canada.

Lou

Boomerang

Well Done Lou !

Excellent recognition for your efforts.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour