• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2023 March Ping

Started by lastvautour, March 02, 2023, 11:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The Forum saw 5 new topics, 75 new posts, and 147525 pages viewed. The Gallery had 12178 views during the same time period for a total of 4,322, 053.

7 models were rolled out: A Fokker D VII from Jim and 6 others from my bench.

1/50 Fokker D VII by Jim

1/72 Fairey Battle

Profile Republic F-84 Thunderjet

Profile Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star

Profile North American FJ-3 Fury

1/72 Lockheed Model 12 Electra Junior

1/144 Consolidated Catalina

Please log on and provide comments on our member's projects.

Lou

lastvautour

Despite an outbreak of COVID at the Vautour household, production was not greatly affected with 6 models being complete in Feb. Currently on my bench:

1/144 De Havilland Canada Dash-8
1/72 Westland Lysander
1/72 Canadair Argus
1/32 De Havilland Canada Otter

A number of other projects are in rattling around in my head, however, there has been no progress to date. I want to do a 1/72 SU-7B and a 1/144 Lockheed Neptune, and perhaps a 1/72 FJ-3 Fury in VMFA 333 Shamrocks colours.

LOu

Boomerang

Greetings all,

Things haven't progressed much since last month. Managed to make a propeller for the FK23.

Lots of things rattling round in my head as well.

I've started putting together "packages" - plans ,info, and decals if I've got them.

It is funny (at least to me) that you keep circling back to a particular list.

Might be a bit slow for the next wee while but I will be around.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you for the update Gordon.

Lou

Gearup

Slow February here in BC as well. Have made some progress on the Orta. It's sitting on the gear, has a new propeller and is awaiting installation of the engine cylinders. Decals and masks are made up and final assembly should start this month. Ill post pictures soon and will kickstart my butt to continue the construction article.

Have been kinda quiet on the forum, but will soon catchup on the various threads.
regards,
Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you for the update Fraser.

Lou

Boomerang

I've cut out the major bits for a 1/60 Fairey Battle . Placed into a storage container for a rainy day or some time to plug away at it.

I've found details of a Battle from 150 Squadron RAF in France 1940 flown by an Australian.

Still around but things may be slow.

Cheers

Gordon