• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Personal Pings

Started by lastvautour, October 03, 2021, 08:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearup

Hi Lou,
I seem to be back in business again :)

I have been mostly lurking in the background keeping up to what is happening in the SMM world. I just have not had the opportunity to sit down and log my activity (sporadic as it was).

I realized I had not posted since April. Wow. It seems that is when the summer came upon us, my hobby moved along in fits and starts. All is well and I will be posting more stuff in the future about the Banshee.

Good to see the other replies from fellow modellers. To you all, Keep up the excellent work!
Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you for checking in Fraser.

Lou

lastvautour

Michael aka michaelpierce123 wrote:

Hi Lou,

I hope you and your wife are doing well in Canada. As a recall, she has some medical issues earlier this year. Hope she's well.

I got the email below and tried to respond, but the email failed. I am still interested in SMM, although my first model sort of sputtered to a halt due to work and family commitments. Thanks for the prompt (and all your instructions) -- I need to pick it back up and get it across the finish line.

I recognize that keeping the site running can be a chore. I hope you'll do so. Let me know if I can help, or if contributions are needed.

Thanks!

Michael Pierce

Lou

lastvautour

Peter aka Peter wrote:

Hi Lou,

I still read the posts and visit on regular basis. Just haven't put a knife to a piece wood in a few years due to health and work commitments. Hopefully will be coming active soon.

Peter

Lou

lastvautour

Roger aka oldflier2 wrote:

You bet I'm still following S. M. M. don't let anything bad happen to it.

Roger.

Lou

lastvautour

Noel aka scratch39 wrote:

Lou;
I'm still modelling and interested in other fellows work. I'd like to share more often, but like I've said before, I have trouble navigating the website. I'd like to stay.
Noel Allard

Lou

lastvautour

Thomas aka scottzepher wrote.

Dear Lou,

Apologies for not replying to your first email; you're most kind to be asking about my welfare.
First of all, I want to say that I'm still very much interested in SMM, and continue to take every opportunity to promote the website. Since I came across the page years ago looking for information on my SE-5a project (which is still very much in process), I have never found another website so focused on wooden models as SMM.  I was very happy to see it doing so well, breaking the previous record proves how it stands out in the whole Internet.
It has been a while since I posted any progress, and I have to say there hasn't been very much since the completion of the MS type BB.  A great deal of my time and energy has been taken  up by writing.  I was having trouble promoting my first book (search "BT James: Writer and Observer" for more about that), while trying to make time to work on my first full-length novel. Many different ideas, so little time.   Sadly my first book is no longer widely available, due to issues with the publisher.   
There has been a great many personal issues to deal with, several having to due with the health of my family members. This and various issues reducing the access to my shop created challenges getting there.  I am happy to say that the recent government payments allowed us to improve the garage issues significantly. The old (and highly inefficient and insecure) wooden doors were removed, totally walled over with cinderblock.  One of the upper windows, section of inner wall and an outer wall leading outside were all opened up to create doorways which provide secure access from inside the property, something I had not enjoyed for several years owing to serious neglect of our neighbor's property.   Now popping down to do a little modeling is infinitely more convenient! 
I have a Dornier Libelle and a dual-engine Tachikawa roughed out, and a few other kits waiting as well, but my next major project will have to be a set of stairs from the one outside door.  I'm currently getting in and out by means of a ladder!
I should be posting again by the beginning of next year, when I should have some progress. Thank you again for your concern.

Thomas Becker
(Scott Zepher is a name I use online, which in itself has an interesting history, I'll tell you about it sometime!)

Lou

lastvautour

James aka Spaceranger wrote:

Still here, still interested. Doing fine. How you?

(James) Michael McMurtrey
Carrollton, Texas

Lou

lastvautour

So far to date, 36 members or 13% responded to my emails. The number is small but greater than I expected. Several also mentioned they were about to return to the hobby.

Thank you to all who answered my requests.

Lou

lastvautour

Terry aka twick wrote

Hi, Lou.
Doing okay.  Still enjoy your postings.

I've collected hundreds of balsa solid models over the years, and thousands of paper (not literally solid; volumetric, in British jargon) models.  Some of them I've started to sell off; even now, I have a few listed on Ebay. But most, I expect, will go to the grave with me.  Or, at least, be still in my collection up to that time.

Hoping all is well with you, too,
Terry

Lou

lastvautour

Steve aka restarting wrote

Yes, I am still interested in solid models.  Taking a hiatus right now but look to SMM for plans for when I get going again.

Steve

Lou

lastvautour

Terry aka ttpatrick wrote:

I am still making models in wood, I have done so for what must but 60 years now, all in 144th scale.  I do like to see what others are doing so I do look at SMM on occasions.  I some times think I should show my latest creation on SMM but it seems I never get round to it, perhaps I will.
Keep up the good work Lou.
Terry

Lou

lastvautour

Don aka Donner wrote:

I appreciate your effort. ' Been getting over cancer this past year. If
you continue, I'll be here. Thanks!

Lou

lastvautour

Richard aka oldblacksmith wrote:

Hello Lou,
I check in to the website occasionally but am not an active carver. I just retired and may have time to do some carving in the future.  Still very much interested.
Regards,
Richard

Lou

lastvautour

Steve aka rocketpilot wrote:

Hi Lou,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I am doing well and very much interested in Solid Model Memories.  I do hope you are not looking to dissolve and close down the website.

It is a great website and very important.

Best to you,
Steven

Lou