• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2001 - 2021 - 20th Anniversary March Ping

Started by lastvautour, February 28, 2021, 01:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

More than 245,000 views for the month of February. Looks like anther great year for Solid Model Memories. I wish Ray a quick recovery.
We have 6 new models so far for 2021. I hope to see another bumper crop of interesting subjects.

Lou

lastvautour

Sitting in a motel 200 km from home awaiting my wife's medical appt early Mon morning. Since we are anticipating a snow storm on Sun, we decided to come early. We have another appt scheduled for Thu so this week's output will be small.

On the bench
1/32 Cessna 182 Skylane no progress
1/32 Beaver final primer coat before painting. I still doesn't have the windscreen right.
1/48 Spitfires each have the main wing attached and filler initial coat on the large filet. The tail feathers are notched and will be glued once I have the filets to my satisfaction.
1/72 Buffalo has the yello0w wings and initial silver coat on the remaining airframe.
1/72 Northrop BT-1 all parts block shape with fuselage top being roughly contour carved.
1/72 Lockheed Electra has one fuselage and one wing block carved.
1/144 Stratoliner no progress beyond templates done.

Lou

Boomerang

Greetings All,

1/32 Sopwith Triplane - no movement

1/72 SNCASE SE 100 - Tailplane attached. rear wheels and covers done. Propellers done. Working on engines and the Main wheel.

1/48 CAC CA-15 - in progress

Proposed

1/60 Vought Vindicator

1/60 Mig 17

Stay safe
' Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

I have a 1/72 Vindicator waiting in the wings. Drawings are download but no other progress, hence I did not mention it in my update. I will more than likely go with the pre-war yellow wings.

Lou

Boomerang

The vindicator will be yellow wings .

Gordon

Gearup

Still underway with the Banshee. Also catching up on "required" projects.
Fraser

lastvautour

Pete1616

G'day Y'all.....from a bi-lingual Canadian!

I'm still working on my Mosquito, engines were challenging but I think they're sorted out.
In the wings are the Dynavert and a Dakota. At present I think that may be the end for me. When I got CIDP I gave away or sold most of my tools, moved to a smaller home with wheelchair doors. I'm in remission  now, but at 86, the hands have arthritis, fine motor skills are lacking. With these three I guess I'll be active for a year. It sure has been a challenging hobby, but fun and interesting.
Pete1616

lastvautour

Sorry to hear that. Please stay in touch and you can visit SMM and comment anytime you wish.

Lou

buccfan

Sorry to hear that Pete, stay safe and don't forget to drop in, best regards Paul J.

Boomerang

Peter, I echo the previous sentiments.

Safe safe

Gordon

Gearup

All the best moving forward. Drop by and sign in to say hello whenever you can.

Best regards,
Fraser