• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

World War One Armistice 100th Anniversary - Cook Up

Started by lastvautour, December 05, 2017, 12:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying T

got thread size drill bits for all the rigging of my  Bristol f2b,experimented with how to finish the under side,it was all doped linen and not painted,got a Cleveland mc  plan in my size for accuracy.looks great. doing the small stuff.
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

lastvautour

Gordon, flying model hardware makes 2mm hex nuts. Would that be what you need? I have to wait until I require another large order as the postal cost are astronomical.

Lou

Boomerang

I've bitten the bullet and have ordered some resin Hex bolts from overseas. Should be here next week some time.
In the interim have been working on the track housings /assembly's ?. Used PVA mixed with some water,talcom powder and acrylic paint.
I was talking the hobbyshop guy when I got some angle styrene and he said that's the recipe. Got home and told my son and he says yeah! didn't you know that.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

Fokker EV/DVIII Finished.

Managed to get all the fiddly bits attached without to much gnashing of teeth. The last bit of blue tac was wrapped in "glad wrap"( non stick clear food wrapper)

which provided support to cut the rear wing struts to size. Tail plane struts brass tube. rear hand holds and foot step copper wire.

Cheers

Gordon

Pilot bust has decamped from the T28

lastvautour

Good news on the Whippet nuts and the Fokker looks fantastic. Congratulations are in order on your talents.

Lou

lastvautour

Larry, please post photos if you have them.

Lou

lastvautour

Slow progress. I have 15 track links studded using 120 cut off straight pins. Just another sixty five links and 520 pins to finish one side. I hope November is late in coming.

Lou

buccfan

Excellent job on the Fokker Gordon, looks fantastic!!, good progress on the tank detailing Gordon and Lou. Regards Paul J.

Boomerang

Thank You Paul.

Your tank is coming along nicely Lou. I'm sticking with the PVA method.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

An excellent Nieuport 28 by Fingers.

Lou

PS. Fingers could you provide some details on your fantastic model?

lastvautour

Lots more pin added  to the Mark V. No additional photos at this time.

HMCS Aurora received a bit of attention with the upper mid ship structures.

Lou

Boomerang

Have started applying paint to Whippet. Using the hex bolts where needed.
Working on fighting compartment .

Pictures to follow

Gordon

Boomerang

lastvautour

Thank you for the link.

Lou

lastvautour

Small progress on HMCS Aurora. The top and side views of the funnels do not agree. Pictures will determine their final shape.

Lou